8. Lone Wolf

For the next few days, Ollie visited me. He baked a ton of desserts and we would eat them together and talk.

He was still annoying as hell.

But, when I was with him, I felt more human. I could tell that I was softening and I think he could tell too.

"So.. What do you do for fun?" Ollie asked one morning as we were eating some cookies.

"Fun? I don't do fun." I said.

He folded his leg onto the couch and turned his body towards me, "you're something else." He smirked.

"Shut up, idiot." I took a bite of my cookie.

We sat in silence for a moment. "Nellie?" Ollie suddenly asked.

I looked up at him slowly, "yes?"

"Do you want to meet my mom?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows, "what? Why?"

He shrugged, "she wants to meet you."

"You told her about me?!" I demanded.

"Yes.." He squeaked.

"Why the heck would you do that?!"

"Because I like you." He smiled.

I punched him in the shoulder, "your head isn't screwed on tight enough." I rolled my eyes.

"So? C'mon, I want you to meet her. Please?" He gave me puppy-dog eyes.

I snickered, "you're mad if you think that's going to work on me."

He sighed and leaned back, "you're tough to crack."

"Well, I mean, I have a monster dwelling in my soul.. So, yeah." I muttered sarcastically.

"Have you ever tried to kill it?"

My eyes widened, "what?"

Ollie continued, "y'know, kill it? The monster?"

I shook my head, "I would lose. Even if I could kill it, I would just be dragged down too." I replied.

Ollie sat and contemplated, "we should try to kill it." He whispered mischievously.

I straightened, "no."

"What? Why? You'd be free!" Ollie exclaimed. "You'd be normal!"

"Yeah? Well, what if I don't want to change?" I growled.

His deep brown eyes widened, "what? What do you mean?"

I bit my fingernails angrily, "I've grown to like myself the way I am. I'm powerful. I don't want to go back to being a stupid normal girl!" I spoke harshly.

"How could you like it? You said it yourself, you're a monster!" Ollie persisted.

I rolled my eyes, "I am a monster." I began, "but, I want to stay that way."