Chapter 7 - The Despicable Mortal

ercy was still at his school, undercover. He whistled as he cleaned the cafeteria which was littered with food and canned drinks. He then heard Athena calling for a meeting. Percy frowned. Athena does not usually call for a meeting. This must be important. Percy thought.

Percy looked around to make sure no one was watching him, before flashing to the throne room of Olympus. When he got there, all the other gods were already waiting for him. Percy walked towards his throne and sat down.

"Athena, my daughter. Why did you call us here? " Zeus rumbled, questioning his daughter. Athena looked at her father before looking at Percy.

"As we know, the mortals have been asking us to have an audience with them. Perhaps we should allow them to. They may be great allies to us in future. Furthermore, more humans will be burning offerings and praying to us. We will benefit from it as we will grow stronger." Athena said, her wisdom showing through her words.

"What if things go wrong, Athena? What if the mortals start attacking us? What will we do? I think that the safest thing to do is to stay low for now and continue observing them." Apollo questioned Athena.

Athena glared at Apollo, who glared right back.

"How dare you question my wisdom?! I am the Goddess of Wisdom. I know things that you do not. So shut up and follow my lead." Athena said, fuming.

Apollo scoffed, " Don't forget that I am the God of Knowledge. With my Domain of prophecy, I can see part of the future and the result of it."

Athena gritted her teeth hard in anger and frustration. Then she smiled. "Good thing I have already invited them to Olympus for a meeting."

Apollo widened his eyes and shouted," YOU WHAT?!"

He then lunged at Athena, but a bolt of lightning stopped him.

"Enough Apollo! Athena, when will the mortals be coming? " Zeus asked.

Athena bowed her head and answered," If I not wrong, which is always," She added, smirking at Apollo, "They should be coming now. " Zeus nodded.

"We need to welcome them," Hera said. The gods nodded and flashed away, some unwillingly.

Authors note

Hey guy! How is this chapter? Please comment and vote!

Cky