Ch. 13 (Preview)

I woke up, sweating. I've been having nightmare lately, and, well...it was always hard to sleep. I took my classes here, but, I just want to stop. It wastes my energy. I pushed my hair back, yawning. I jumped out of bed, walking downstairs. I paused, hearing floorboards creak. Mom must be home, then.
     She usually hangs out with her boyfriend or hangs out at work. You know, being a doctor means I can't see my mom a lot. Especially on those special occasions. I yawned once more, hearing a gunshot from far away. I grabbed my gun, sneaking outside. I looked around, then saw the police cars race down. They stopped by a big black house, a red roof on top. Dani. I ran towards the house, blood filling my nostrils.
     I stopped, peeking over an officer. There he lay, blood slowly pouring out of his chest. I grabbed my mouth, biting my tongue. I shut my eyes as tightly as I could, turning away. "Ma'am? Do you know this boy?"
     "He's my childhood friend..."
     The officer was quiet, then I heard the trees move. I turned, seeing the hooded man. I pulled my gun out, shooting his way. He was shocked, then he stood there with a few chuckles. He fell to his knees, laughing. He raised his head to the sky, the hood falling off. He had brown hair, black eyes, and a wide and creepy smile. The officers rushed to him, handcuffing him. I dashed home, trying not to cry. My only friend was now gone, gone with death.