Ch. 18

I had helped Dani, at night, to find some clues. Luckily, Principal let us go through some files. He says it might help Dani's mental state if he wasn't constantly panicking about Baldi and her. Of course, when he mentioned this, I looked away. No, not from embarrassment, but because of the fact that I was a cause for his...mental illness.
     Dani had looked through the paper files and I was searching through the computer. I heard Dani screech, then felt his body on mine. We were on the floor, Dani hovering over me with smile on his face. "I found him, Y/n! His real name is Liu Wei!" I looked away from him, smiling.
     "Congrats...now, can you get off of me...?" He looked at our position, blushing.
     "O-oh..." he stuttered, rolling off. He held the papers close when he stood up. He reached out his hand, helping me up. I grabbed it, pulling myself up. I stumbled a bit, smiling to him.
     "Now, what's the news?"
     "Liu hated his name. In his files, it said he hated it so much, that he stabbed a kid in the eye."
     "Gross. Plus, anybody can do that."
     "With a spoon."
     "I can do that," I chuckled, sitting on the desk. Dani laughed, nodding.
     "You're lucky you didn't know what you were doing. That kid still has his sight, so that's well." I laughed, kicking my legs. "Anyways," he started, sitting next to me. He showed me the files, smiling widely. "We have the info. We can just take a few pictures and leave."
     "Great!" I pulled out my phone, letting Dani flip through the multitude of pages. Once we finished, we put the files back, and left for the janitor's closet. We slipped in, going unknown when Gotta Sweep passed.
     "Now, pack our stuff. We might be able to leave through the back and-" he was cut off when a knock came from the door.
     "Dani? Hey, I know you're in there." Baldi. Dani froze, but his breathing didn't. He was breathing heavily, fear seizing his eyes.
     "Dani," I silently whispered, tugging his sleeve. "Be quieter, that way he will know that you are not here."
     "I-I...h-he...w-we...home...me..." I covered his mouth, sympathy reaching me. I hated seeing my friend like this. Honestly, I can't help but to panic when Baldi is around. I'm not ready for a relationship. Especially since I haven't been around humans for a long time. Dani slowly passed out, his eyes rolling to the back of his head.
     I had gently laid him down, listening as Baldi continued ranting on how school work was going to be harder if he didn't tell him the truth. I inwardly sighed, shaking my head. Maybe it was wrong. Maybe Dani had been right...but I shouldn't tell him that.
     Dani would only boast about it. So, I quietly listened to all of Baldi's emotions. I was actually inwardly cringing. But, I found peace when I laid my head on Dani's chest. His breathing pattern was back to normal, which was excellent.
     Baldi had also left, leaving silence behind. I smiled to myself, knowing somebody would go through great lengths to help me, but I hated that it would hurt my friend in the long run.

((Sorry again, guys. I'm just tired. Normally I'm asleep at this time. But, I love you guys, so yay! I've hit a writer's block and need help again. Just, give me ideas, please. Enjoy your night/day! Night!))