Ch. 10

I rolled over on my bed, groaning. I couldn't sleep. "It was the soda, just, wash it down with some cool, cold water. Then, off to bed with ya!"
     I slapped my face a couple of times, standing up and heading downstairs. I looked at the kitchen, groaning at the sunlight barely entering the window. I grabbed my Shrek glass, heading to the sink. I was in my normal Super Butterfly Frank outfit. The crop top was f/c while the short shorts were s/f/c. The pink #1 stood out a bit, but not a lot. I took a sip from the sink water...well, it was more of a big gulp. I placed the cup in the sink, heading back upstairs. I heard a glass shatter, then quick footsteps. I hopped off the steps, walking into the living room with my gun. "Dani?"
     He stopped, slowly turning to me. "No, it's Bigfoot, you idiot."
     "What are you doing here?"
     He sighed, sitting on the couch. "Your mother told me to enter and keep an eye on you. Luckily, you have no school work to while she's gone."
     "Where is she going?"
     He shrugged, yawning. "I stayed up all night watching the windows. Just then I stumbled into the side table from shock."
     "Shock of what?"
     He flinched, growling under his breath. "Some dude dressed in all black. He keeps trying to enter. I locked all of the doors, but he has a few tricks up his sleeves."
     I nodded, looking at the double glass doors leading to the backyard. "Think he's in that treehouse?"
     I glanced to Dani, looking at his blank eyes. "Nah, not in your fort. Maybe if he crossed the 'paint to the eyes' trip wire, then yes. He would be in there."
     I grabbed my Tweety Bird socks from the hamper, slipping them on. "Lets go and find out. I mean, surely he could have gotten past the foghorn trap, right?"
     "That is if he is smart. You put too many traps for one person."
     I raised my hand, pointing to the almost lit sky. "I hate the public, Dani. I need this protection."
     He nodded, looking at the f/c fort. He nodded to himself, taking a deep breath. "I'll stay out here."
     "You scared?"
     "Of getting stabbed by your knife trap and sawed by your chainsaw trap? Yes, I'm scared."
     I shrugged, placing the gun in my back pocket. "Suit yourself."
     I climbed up the ladder, opening the hatch to the fort. I popped my head, looking around. Nothing, absolutely nothing. I sighed, sliding back down the ladder. I shook my head, watching as he nodded his. "We should head back inside before whoever is out here kills us."
     "What or who do you think it could be."
     He raised his finger to the sky, and hand on his hip. "It would be Itachi! Either him or it could be a witch from Soul Eater!"
     I chuckled, shaking my head. "Of course you think that."
     I entered the house, listening as Dani shut and locked the doors. "So, good old weeb of mine. What shall we be doing if we are not going to school?"
     He thought, then snapped his fingers. "We can watch the television and play video games."
     "Lets play a game, weeb. I need it."
     He nodded, pulling a small rectangular carrier out from under the cushions. "How about some good ol Mario Kart on the Nintendo Switch?"
     I gasped, pointing at him. "Can I play as Isabella from Animal Crossing?"
     He laughed, nodding. "Yeah, sure. I always play as Link, so it doesn't matter who you play as."
     I nodded, watching as he sat it all up. We played all day, keeping watch of that double glass door. I won a few time, but won a majority. After Mario Kart, he let me play Legend of Zelda while he watched Devil is a Part Timer. There were a few moments of fear when we saw the guy in black knock on the window with his head tilted, but other than that, our day went smoothly.