Huff

((Not a normal chapter!! Not in correlation to the other chapters!! This is just a test for some new characters of mine!! Enjoy!!))

     I slowly pushed open the heavy, rusted metal gate, stepping through the small crack I forced upon it. I dusted my hands off on my leggings, looking up at the school. My friend, and his friends, call it Yokai Schoolhouse. Though, it isn't the real name of the building.
     I walked forward, one thing in mind; get the notebooks. Dani asked me to help him, but of course, I denied him. After some thought, though, I decided to. Just to see the yokai.
     Quickly shaking my head, I stopped at the big, yellow doors, grabbing onto the handle. The creak of the door was familiar. Too familiar especially in a silent setting like my flat.
     I stepped into the school, the smell of dust strangling me. I coughed, waving my hand in front of my face. It hasn't been used in a while, so why does Dani say he goes to school here? Shaking my head and walking forward, I began to wonder if the rumours were just that; rumors.
     A small giggle sounded throughout the building, dragging my attention to a little girl in a red cape. "Want to play a game?" I opened my mouth, then quickly shut it. The story of red paper or blue paper flashed through my head, my eyes scanning her up and down. "You have to follow me first!" She giggled, running off towards the long hallway. I hesitated, then quickly followed after.
     "Hey, wait a moment!" She slipped into the restrooms, the door slamming shut. I stopped, hand outstretched to grab the handle. I lowered it down, imagining the tale and how it unfolds. Holding my breath, I backed away before turning around. I had to grab the books and leave.
     Nothing bad, right? Oh god, I was so wrong.
     I stepped through the cafeteria, stopping when I was the tall figure step through the doors on the other side. He left as quickly as I came. Against my better judgement, I followed him. A feeling of dread overcame me, though I still followed after.
     That's when I saw the mask. He looked down upon me, arching his back. "Who are you?" He growled, lowering his head closer to my face. I glanced to the wall, seeing his shadow. A kitsune. A feared beast among the Japanese. Depending on whether or not it is the right one or not.
     "Sir, I just-"
     "Baldi, what is it now?" A deeper voice sounded behind the tall man, but he never moved.
     "Some outsider, Principal." A shorter, but only by an inch, male walked around the other, stopping by in front of me. His red skin dulled in comparison to the red on the mask. His teeth poked out of his mouth, making me shiver. An Oni!
     I backed up a little, but the kitsune just stepped forward. The Oni held him back, stepping up. "She's welcome here, Baldi. Her friend did a good job, didn't he? Too bad he isn't really here anymore, huh?"
     "What did you-"
     "He's a Hotoke. His first day was his last," the Oni said, glaring at the Kitsune. He huffed, lifting his head up and fixing his mask.
     "Hey! You said you were going to play with me!" I looked back, eyes wide.
     "Playtime, not now. Go get First Prize and play with him." She pouted, then smiled.
     "He should be outside since it's raining," the Kitsune said, standing up straight. Playtime nodded once, then skipped down the hall.
     "You came for the books, huh?" I nodded, not looking at the two. A hum sounded from the demon, a smile forming. "Alright, you can take them. But, just know, this is the yokai school. It won't be easy," he chuckled, leaving. The Kitsune glared down at me, then left, heading down the opposite side of the hall that the Oni went down.