18. -Triplets Of The Soul. Family Secrets.

[[ To have the courage to continue, through the path of what looks like the valley of the shadow of death, is what makes you strong. Face yourself. You're the demon. The victim, and the Innocent.. Triple Threat. ]]
______________________________

Alicia.

I sat there on the edge of the table, only in my nightgown and slip. One house shoe was on the floor, the other was in my bedroom.

The investigation was already in the process of beginning and they told me they'd been looking for him anyways tied to a case somewhere else.

He was under another name in the system, Robinson. I drank my beer finding myself sinking all over again. Is any of this worth it?

Is this who I really was? Was I a runner, a victim. And a demon all in one? What life was I hoping to lead if not being an aunt to my niece hoping to guide her through her hard truths somehow away from her mother when I was the wolf in sheep's clothing?

I need answers, god can you hear me..

My phone rang.

I was surprised at the name on the screen and my hand shook as I held it to my ear. " h-hello?"

" Meet me at the police station. " they said.

" Okay. " I hung up, called a lyft and waited outside for the next 6 minutes.

I couldn't drive I was drunk.

Reggie

Pacing back and forth with my hands in my pockets I began to get a headache wondering where she was. Nikki was at work. I didn't tell her that Alicia basically committed murder, I felt like that could wait until after I found out if we were linked to this in any way shape or form.

She stumbled in with fumes of a bar fight on her silk clothing.

" What have you been doing..." I said to myself as I looked her over. " You need to be in the hospital. You don't look well at all.." I said honestly.

She just stared at me with hidden misunderstanding and small hate. I could tell she still hasn't forgiven me.

" how are you and- ...her."

" that doesn't matter right now, what matters is that you plead self defense and get the help that you need, auntie.." I told her.

" So, you take MY woman and think you can tell me what to do?? " , those drugs. They triggered something.

" Answer me?? "

" No! No! Okay, I don't .. but, I don't know why stuff came to be this way but I'm not here to argue with you I was called here to meet with someone ABOUT you! Don't become that person again who switches, don't become that woman I was scared to visit even though no one noticed. I can see it in your eyes..you're changing all over again." I didn't realize it before but we held each other's hands tightly while sitting next to each other chair to chair, she looked at me like she wanted to escape her toxic prison but somehow she couldn't.

Then she spoke, " ...too late. " snatching my hands away from hers in shock I could hear someone walking towards us through the short pathway behind the thick brown door.

" Regina? I'm ready to speak with you please, this way." She nodded her head at Alicia and I got up and followed her through some double locked doors and a long zig zaggy pathway full of cubicles.

She asked me questions that a counselor would ask and then asked me to be honest before she said " is there any history of any mental illnesses or issues in your family?" I didn't wanna lie because they may have already done some shit so I just told her " I don't know really, I mean not to my knowledge I guess. "

" So you've never had any encounters or experiences any weird or strange behavior with your aunt? Or your parents? "

" parents? I lived with my mother, ma'am. " I corrected her.

" Hm, I apologize . Well back to my question. Can you think of anything? " she asked me.

Obviously she knew something so I took a second to contemplate in my head what I should say because I didn't want to make my aunt out like a bad person, she had a lot going on.
" She just goes through her withdrawals I guess.. from like, drinking and stuff. She's always been like that. "

She wrote that down. My heart pounded.

" Has she ever stopped? Or relapsed and did anything out of hand? "

" only this shit. " I said honestly. She nodded and took that down as well.

She said she also evaluated the hospital visit I'd just had and I told her I was fine and I didn't know the guy she was seeing , at least personally.

It'd been 30 minutes and when I got up I presumed to have the ass of a white girl from sitting in this hard ass chair for so long.

They left me in here to go do whatever paperwork and no one came back for me.

I dared not to take out my phone because I know they have cameras in here, somewhere. I've seen law and order too many damn times.

Coming in the door was another man next to the woman who just questioned me and told me it was okay to come out now and go home, they'd contact me soon if I needed anything else.

I was getting a call.

" Hello? " I said into the phone.

" where are you? " Nikki asked.

" Uh, the police station? "

" ...why? What's going on. "

" just come and get me I don't wanna say anything over the phone. " she said okay and said she'll be here in 10.

I went over to the vending machine they had outside the station and waiting at a cement bench in the shade.

Not too long afterwards I seem her car as she rolled down the window. " Come. " she beckoned.

I got in and looked at my lap. " I'm really scared. " I confessed.

" Of what...? "

" It's like everything's coming to a head. My family...my aunt... "

" what do you mean.. " she started tussling her fingers in my dreads and I leaned back against her hand. I loved when she did loving little gestures like this.

" I mean I understand, but then again why ? It's like ever since you came , all my family secrets just spilled over like a cup of juice..just staining everything in the way of it. " she listened.

" Only if you let it sit for too long, maybe we met to help each other. The love is here. " she said to me. Looking at my face she knew I was too deep in my thoughts to be uplifted but inside I knew what she meant.

" I just don't want us to start off like this. It's so much going on..."

[[ Throughout phases of our lives, certain and different people are sent to guide, help, heal and simply just love us. To teach us, our souls how to and what to do to grow. Even through the hard way.. Make us believe in something again. But it's usually our choice to recognize that.]]