21.-Stand With Me.

[[At this point of life in the story you should know that the universe has ways of giving you what you want, but sometimes..at a cost. Lose to gain, and detach to move forward. In spontaneously, unexpected, and twisted ways.. Never in a straight line. Too predictable I guess.. But Giving your soul the opportunity to grow, transform, change. Faced with making decisions to identify who you truly are. Even reveal hidden truths about those you love the most by using you and those same people as tools to build and even break each other.. Last but not least, give you clarity. In ways you wouldn't even think it would. As this book comes to an end i hope you all grew in your own ways. It's been a journey writing it for you all</3. ]]

[[ Weeks after, During their time of grievement..... ]]

Nikki
" look me straight in the eye. " i told her as her pupils dilated.

She did.

" okay, I believe you. " I said.

" good,  now get that damn flashlight outta my face. " she told me as I wiped the rest of the left over tears from her face.

Then I put the flashlight back in the drawer watching her fill another glass cup full of orange juice.

We're talking.

Things won't be normal but then again when were they ever?

It'll be some time to swallow this pill but in the end her mental health matters most..

As for me.. I been coping just like the next.

I wanna sit and really have like a... conversation about us but only when the time is right. Not right now I feel like it's too early maybe.

I had to make sure she wasn't high low key during this interview with the guy because she tends to be out of it a little and that's not good so I try to look out for her.

" are you sure you're okay with doing this alone? I'll be right in the next room if you need me. " I assured her.

" I'm sure. I can do this. "

I nodded getting my water bottle and Doritos as I left so she could go open the door for the life insurance man.

Going into the dining room I scanned over everything once again just remembering where she'd been last.

How she made sure to keep everything clean when she got home.

I ran my finger across the desk....dust.

How she'd read out on the patio or sometimes before she went to bed......

I shook my head again..

Hearing them come in I sat down and started scrolling through my phone.

Reggie
" So the first thing I wanted to ask you is do you have any idea Ms. Mayers has a will? "

" Um, no sir. I didn't...." my palms started getting sweating I was so nervous. Then my armpit started itching while he was asking me questions.

What's wrong with me? Why am I such a weird bitch?

" Okay well in that case Ms. um, mayers-