20.- Too Late.

[[ If our guardian angels sent us a text each time we did something risky warning us of the consequences before certain events, please tell me.. would you still make the same decisions as you do now, knowing exactly what might happen? ]]

[[Previously]]

" "Hello?" He said.

"Yes, I was told to call this number." I informed him simply.

"First and Last Name?"

"Nikita Wilson?" I didn't wanna say my last name because my family has a lot of dirt in its background.

"Hold on." Said the man.

A few seconds later a woman got on the phone and greeted me good evening.

"Yes, I'm sure you're the Nikki I'm looking for do you know of an Alicia Mayers...? Related to a Regina Mayers?"

"May I please know who's asking?"

"This is investigator Melinda Bellsworth, the reason I'm calling is to let you know that Alicia was recently admitted to the hospital anonymously from a recent drug overdose and is now in a coma. Were you around her at all this week or have had any contact with her?"

My heart dropped....Jesus Christ. "

-

-

-

[[ Present time ]]

Regina
Sitting in the waiting room everything I've ever done or said that was disrespectful to my aunt ran through my head over and over again.

If she dies I don't know what I'll do , I've never lost anyone this close to me before.

Everyone that would've mattered in that case was never here for me to begin with.

Despite her problems she hid them well. It was always me and her.

" Fuck!! " I let out plopping my head into my hands.

" Regina.. " Nikki said beside me. She pulled me into her and kissed the side of my head. I knew she didn't know what to say either.

" she's not waking up!. It's been two-

" I know-I know Reggie, I know. " she shushed me with her eyes puffy as mine were too.

Nikki
I wanted to break down just as bad but I knew I couldn't.

I had to be here for Regina.

All this seemed so fucking twisted but we both do care about her.

She was like a mother to Reggie and beyond everything between us even though I found out how she really was, I couldn't bring myself to hate her.