The beginning

God created Angels. They were beautiful, they were fierce and they were loyal.
Lucifer in return created the creatures of the dark by distorting God's creation. The werewolves! They were strong, they were vicious but they were also human. They multiplied faster than the humans and threatened to wipe them out.
God sent HIS Angels to protect HIS most beloved creation.... man. Protect the humans from the creatures of the dark.
They faught long and hard but centuries of a never-ending quest took its toll. The humans were tempting and their life was empty and only filled with death. And so they succumbed to their lustful desires and they fell from Grace.
The Lord was angry at their betrayal and took away their lives. But the Lord is a merciful God... HE spared their female children.
The Hybrid children would live but had to continue the task that was given to their parents. They were the new guardians and protectors  of the humans.
HE called them VALKYRIE.
The Valkyrie were a warrior tribe. Like their Angel ancestors, they were strong, they were fast, they were lethal. But they were human. With human weaknesses and needs.
The Lord chose HIS Queen. The one to lead them all. She was gifted the flaming sword and glorious white wings tipped with gold, distinguished from the others.
But the mistakes of the fallen could not be allowed to repeat themselves. The Valkyrie would only have mates chosen by the Lord. Chosen through blood.
Only a man strong enough to defeat a Valkyrie warrior in a fight, and get her to submit would be her mate. Strength begets strength.
The Valkyrie were strong but so were the wolves. Many died until the truce was signed and rules laid out.
There would be peace if the wolves behaved. Wolves were not to turn any humans. Only born wolves were allowed. The creatures of the dark would remain hidden... mythical even. Humans were not to know. Except for a select few families that catered for the Valkyrie and Wolves. And Death upon anyone who broke these rules.
Centuries passed and there was peace. But too much time and soon,  the generations changed, and the Valkyrie were forgotten. Turned to myth themselves. Nothing but a story to scare pups into good behaviour.
But they still watched in the shadows. Keeping the bargain and protecting the humans. As long as the Wolves lived, so did the Valkyrie

Please don't get discouraged by this piece. It's just to give context to the book. Read on for the real story.
Thank you for reading...