Cerberus

EERIKA

Ts been half an hour since Simon made his dramatic exit and Luca z still lying on the ground unconscious from when he was thrown across the living room like a rag doll.

I've been in the same spot since he left. And when the girls come back, they find me right there in the mess that is the kitchen. I feel thoroughly fucked. Both in the literal and metaphorical sense.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck happened here?" Hertha says as she walks through the front door followed closely by Adamaris and Seraph who proceed to pull out their weapons when they see an unconscious Luca.
They proceed to the kitchen cautiously until they spot me sitted on the kitchen island. When they see me, they seem to relax.

"What happened to him?" Hertha asks pointing at Luca.

"He was stupid enough to pick a fight with an elf. " I reply.

"He's weaker than an elf? Wow. Suddenly am so disappointed." Adamaris says shaking her head.

"Usually, I would be too but he was a royal and we had just had sex." I say

"Fuck. That's a deadly combination." Seraph says. "Royals are powerful enough as it is. But juiced up on sex... was he trying to get himself killed?"

"Why were they fighting anyway?" Hertha asks the million dollar question.

"What the fuck happened here?" Solvi's voice can be heard from the door.

"Alphaboy decided to pick a fight with Eerika's one night stand and lost miserably" Adamaris summarised and I just rolled my eyes.

"What have you been teaching him if he can't fight one miserly person?" Solvi says clearly unamused

"He beat you." I retort not happy with the implication that his defeat is due to my incompetence as a trainer. Adamaris snickers at my outburst along with Hertha. Seraph seems to be hiding her mirth a lot better drying silent until she bursts out laughing. Solvi glares at them until they eventually stop laughing.

"Anyway, my one night stand was an elf from the royal family. Very powerful and ancient." I add

"And they'd just done the dirty." Hertha says winking. Solvi walks up to Luca and checks his pulse.

"He's alive." I confirm

"How? Those bastards get freakishly powerful after sex." Solvi says in disbelief. "What the fuck was he thinking? Is he suicidal?"

"He touched my mate." Luca growls slowly gaining consciousness.

"Your who now?" Seraph asks confused and suddenly I want the earth to swallow me.

"Your mate?" Adamaris asks and then understanding dawns "oh yeah... wolves have predetermined mates or something. Where is she?" She asks excitedly. She always was a hopeless romantic. But before I can shut Luca up, Hertha figures it out.

"Holy shit! No fucking way." Hertha exclaims when she puts two and two together.

"What?" Solvi asks

"You think Eerika is your mate?" Hertha says clearly confused.

"I don't think. I know. Every wolf has only one mate and you can never make a mistake." He replies. Solvi looks too shocked to react.

As one, they all stand in front of me with their weapons drawn.
"You can never come close to the Queen. A dog like you is not worthy." Hertha hisses.

I roll my eyes. It's not like am a teenager who can't handle their shit. Luca just kept staring at them like they were psychos.

"Enough." I said "first of all we need him alive. Second, he already had his ass thoroughly kicked today and besides, I've watched him fight. He has no chance in hell of surviving the season let alone against me." I explain.