Right

There will always be more than one side to any story, but right now, there's two. The adults and the kids had been split into two teams, so to speak.
~~
While listening to the kids speak, the adults had mixed emotions. They loved those kids more than they loved anything, but they could be really harsh. At least for their age.

Whizzer wasn't too thrilled—to say the least—when Jason said he hated him. He knew that Jason was going to be mad at him for what happen, after all he is only a child. But Whizzer never thought he'd hear the words "hate" come out of Jason's mouth. He was heartbroken and angry. After everything he had done for Jason, he was only thanked in yelling. So much for being a friend.

He felt even worse when Jason took his words back, realizing that it wasn't what he really thought of Whizzer. Now Whizzer had trash-talked Jason (to himself, of course). Who was the childish one? Him or Jason?

Trina was taken aback when she heard Peggy mention her name. She never thought she had that much of an impact on the child. She should've known, she was a kid once, too. She knew what kind of impact any adult could have on a child. Trina promised herself that she would be more welcoming to the poor kid.

Marvin felt bad through the whole conversation, though didn't show any emotion. Trina and Whizzer both wondered if he was just a hollow shell of a person instead of a human being with feelings.

Mendel called them all over while the kids walked away. Marvin stared at them for a moment. Kids, huh? Kids don't need a psychiatrist. Kids don't need to talk about such deep topics. Kids should never even think about that stuff.

He felt an unimaginable twinge of guilt for the kids that had grown up too fast.

Mendel explained some of the problems to them.

"Okay, I'd like to discuss Jason first. He's growing up in a place with a lot of stress. I won't ask why, just, please, try and take it down at least a little bit for him. It's obvious he cares for all of you, so if you care for him, do it. Now, onto Peggy. There's not much you can do for her. She's dwelling on the past. What you can do, though, is show her love and a safe, comforting home. Accept her, and she might be able to realize that your all she needs to be happy."

"Alright," Whizzer said softly. Marvin and Trina nodded, taking in the information.

Mendel left, leaving Trina, Marvin, and Whizzer alone—excluding the children that were in another room.

Whizzer thought for a moment, then came to the conclusion that he'd only live once, and slowly spoke.

"Trina?"

Trina snapped her head up at him. He had a small look of brokenness on his face, but it was obvious that he was trying to hide it. Trina's eyes softened, but only a tiny bit. It was her mother-instinct coming through.

"Yes, Whizzer?"

"Can I talk to you—um—alone?"

Trina was taken aback for a moment.

"Of course," she dragged him to a room upstairs, leaving an annoyed Marvin downstairs.

"What did you want to talk about?" Trina asked. She forced a small smile.

She noticed that Whizzer looked quite worried, and tried another approach.

"Whizzer, honey, you can tell me anything," that was a lie. Both knew that, but neither cared.

"Do you think I should put Peggy in a foster home?"

"What? Where did this come from?"

"Well, it's obvious I'm not a good parent, and neither is Marvin. She's not in a good home. I want her to be with someone that can give her a better life."

Trina stared at him, then laughed.

"Oh, Whizzer," she chuckled.

"It's not funny, I'm serious!"

"Whizzer, darling," she composed herself, "of course you're not a good parent. You're her brother, not her dad. And you know what? It's better that way. Because you know all her secrets that she could never tell your parents, so you know who she really is, if that makes sense."

Whizzer nodded.

"This may not be the perfect home, but it's great for her. She loves it here. She loves you. Do you honestly think she'd be happier without you?"

"No," he looked down.

"You may feel weird parenting her, but she also has Marvin to do that. And I'll try my best, too, okay? What I'm trying to say is, hon, do not put her in a foster home!"

"Okay," Whizzer and Trina laughed.

When Whizzer walked to the door to leave the room, he felt extremely loved, in a way. Trina felt like a gap in their friendship—if you could call it that—had been filled.

Finally, everything felt right for everyone.