A normal day at work

*Your POV*

Mondays. Normal people hated them. Never did I, though. Mondays were the days I liked most, as it meant the start of a new week at Joey Drew Studios! Picking up the telephone, I dialed a number and listened.
"Hey Henry, fluffy grandpa!"
"Yeah, I'm doing good, you?"
"Nice to hear. Anyway, I was wondering... When are you coming to pick me up?"
"You're on your way already?! Whoops, then I'll go outside!"

The honking of a car sounded, as Henry drove up to me: "Hi there, miss. Music! Hop in!" I laughed and got in, buckling up. "Have you slept well?" Henry asked. I nodded: "Yep. What about you, you seem pretty tired." No lie, there were bags under his chocolate-brown eyes and his tanned face seemed to get more bony every week. "Just worked late again, nothing strange." We continued about other topics for the rest of the ride.

Walking into the Music Department, I realized I still was grateful for the chance Joey gave me 3,5 years ago. I, Y/N L/N, had done my best composing music here ever since. Never had I been lazy when not allowed. Never had I gone nuts against my only actual colleague... Samuel Lawrence... "Hey there, Y/N!" A slightly high woman voice pulled me out of a train of thought I hadn't noticed myself in. I looked up into two pitch-black eyes and smiled.

"Oh, hi Alice!" Alice Angel, one of the cartoons and my best friend at the workshop smiled back at me: "How are you today?" "I'm pretty good! And you?" "I'm fine as well, nice to hear." "By the way, I need to discuss some stuff with you, do you mind stopping by my office when you can?" "Not a problem, Y/N!" I smiled, waved goodbye and we parted ways.

I walked to my office, diagonally across from Sammy's. While walking by, I slightly peeked through the window. The music director was sitting at his desk and seemed to be busy writing something. 'Better not disturb him' I thought, even though I would have loved to see his grayish-blue eyes gaze into mine...

Not right now. "Maybe I'll talk to him later today." I arrived at the door to my office and pulled out my key from my (f/c) trousers. After inserting it in the lock and turning it, I gripped the old wooden door handle and entered my office.

I looked around and smiled. Always comfortable when I entered this place. The birch-wooden desk opposite to the window was still as clean as when I left. I took a seat at the also birch-wooden stool and opened the upper drawer of the desk. The papers with my music were still there. I put a hand on my heart and sighed in relief. After picking them up, I laid the papers on my desk and started working.

(Timeskip)

I was almost finished when I heard a knock on the door. I raised an eyebrow. If it was Alice, she was pretty early. I decided to ask first: "Who's there?" The answer kinda startled me: "It's me." Sammy? What did he want? "Come in!" The door opened and Sammy Lawrence, my co-composer and boss of the department, came in. His blond locks eagerly stood upwards and his grayish-blue eyes instantly met mine. He smirked: "Busy composing, weren't ya?" I smiled back: "Sure was. What did you need anyway?" "Oh, nothing. I just needed to take a break and decided to see how you were doing." I smiled: "I'm ok, thank you," My cheeks turned a slight pink at his kindness. Surprisingly, he didn't leave. I smiled patiently at him before he finally spoke up: "I was wondering if I could show you a little piece of music? I just wrote it." Nodding, I bent down and took another stool out from underneath my desk. He sat down and got out a paper from his pocket. We sat there, studying it and talking about some details. That was enough for me... I just never wanted this moment to stop...

After a little while, another knock on the door brought us both out of the trance we seemed in. I stood up and once again asked: "Who's there?" "It's me, Alice!" I sighed and looked at Sammy. He sat there, arms crossed, showing how disappointed he was for Alice to ruin this. Suddenly he stood up and said: "When you're done, come to my office please..." I took a shaky breath and nodded. He walked out, a smile on his face, as Alice came in: "What happened between you guys?" I looked at her, the small smile on my face staying there. "Sammy showed me a new song he composed..." Alice smiled and sat next to me. "I know what's going on." At that, my focus fully went to her. She explained: "Look at how he smiled when he walked out! I think it's pretty obvious..." "What's so obvious? I don't get it..." "He has a crush on you! It's so friggin' obvious! The way he smiles and acts when you're around! The way he says your name! All the pieces lead to it!" My eyes widened with surprise. Sammy Lawrence? A crush? On ME?! "Ok, I'm very confused right now..." Alice smiled: "First a question, does it make you comfortable to be in his presence?" My cheeks turned a little pink again, while I answered: "Euhhh... Maybe...?" Alice smirked and said: "Well then, why would that be...?" I thought for a second until the answer hit me like a hurricane. "Of course! Because I feel the same way..!" Alice gave me a high-five and asked: "Do you get it now?" I smiled and nodded. I wonder how Sammy would be doing right now...

*Sammy's POV*

I arrived back in my office and sat down at my desk. Y/N... Would she have enjoyed the moment..? I surely hope she did... I sat down behind my desk and took out a new blank paper. I closed my eyes and my thoughts immediately slid off to her. I sighed and whispered: "Y/N... You'll be mine..." And without realizing it, I drifted to sleep with my head in my hands and my elbows resting on my desk, where the paper was still laying.

I woke up to a knock, immediately remembering my request. I looked towards the door and I was right. She just stood there, leaning against the door and playing with a lock of her (h/c) hair. "Hey, Sammy." I looked at her and noticed that smile appearing on my face again: "Hello, Y/N." She walked in with that little sexy sway in her steps and took a seat next to me: "So, what'd you wanna talk about?" "Joey wants three new songs for the upcoming theater show. I can't do all three." I responded. She looked at me and smiled: "You don't have to, you know. If you want my help, I don't bite. Just ask!" I nodded and for a second, we seemed to get lost in each other's eyes.

Suddenly I heard Joey Drew on the other side of the door: "SAMMY AND Y/N!! GET BACK TO WORK YOU LAZY BASTARDS!!" Y/N looked at the window, her eyes wide with surprise and fear. She stood up and hurried towards the door. Suddenly, before I could stop myself, I grabbed her wrist and seized her movements. "Joey, Y/N has done enough work for today. Leave us be." Again, I heard cursing at the other side of the door. "Do you want us to make songs or not?"

A sigh was heard. "Fine! You both have the rest of this day off!" I smirked: "Thanks, Joey. Now, where were we..." She hesitantly took the seat next to me, as we went on to talk about the new show and some song ideas. Meanwhile, my concentration had fled. I loved the feeling of her being so close to me. I want her. I love her. And nobody was gonna take that feeling from me...