Why Does Everyone Think Love Is A Game?

Chapter Fifteen: Why Does Everyone Think Love Is A Game?

Taylynn's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jayce! Shut it! Please!" I shouted as I tried searching for Mike.

"Well, excuse me!" He pouted.

"You're excused." I smirked.

Jayce was trying to help me with the whole Claire and Mike situation. He was completely frustrating as he told me what to do. He would try giving me advice and ideas. I know he was trying to be helpful but he really is the last person to give advice about love. I mean half the heartbreaks at our school were because of him.

Like who do you think you are? Cupid? Last time I checked that was my job.

I looked over to the soccer field and saw Mike. Finally! I was jogging up to him with Jayce jogging next to me. I skidded to a stop when I saw who he was talking to, Kayla. She just wouldn't let him be happy.

"Babe, breathe!" Jayce said as he squeezed my hand in comfort.

Ever since Kayla noticed Mike not following her around like a puppy dog she would just not leave him alone. I was so emotionally attached to this case because it was my first real job as Cupid.

"I love Kayla, I mean she's on my soccer team but come on!" I growled in frustration.

I could feel my tension melt away as Jayce's lips touched my cheek. I looked up at him and smiled gratefully. We started walking up towards them, hand in hand and then I was pulled back by Jayce. I gave him a startled look.

"What?" I asked confused.

He didn't say anything so I just observed. After a couple of seconds I saw a pretty girl with gorgeous red hair watching Mike and Kayla from afar. It was Claire. I could feel my heart break as I saw the look on her face. I'm guessing Kayla noticed her as well and took it upon herself to initiate a kiss with Mike.

Mike was taken aback as she crushed her lips to his. I felt sympathy for him. He wanted to be with Claire now and Kayla just had to screw with his emotions. I could feel Jayce's hand tighten around mine as I tried to intervene.

"Just watch." He spoke low.

I took a deep breath before following his instructions.

I watched as Mike politely declined Kayla by not returning the kiss. I could tell by his body language he was hurt, confused, scared, and sad. Kayla just managed to break his heart not just once but twice.

I couldn't contain my feelings any longer. I let out the loudest scream of frustration.

"Why does everyone think love is a game?" I screamed.

Jayce watched me closely as my rant continued. People started to notice me and watched intently.

"Is this what people's goals are now? To make someone fall in love with them and then break their heart?" I shouted as I pointed at Kayla.

She looked surprised as she realized I was addressing her. She quickly stepped away from Mike and looked down at her feet. She was ashamed and she should be.

"This is ridiculous! Yah know what, fuck this!" I screamed in frustration.

I managed to suppress my smile as Jayce chuckled. I gave him a stern look and he cleared his throat. He soon sobered up and was serious again. I wanted them to know this was bullshit.

"Instead of acting like desperate apes with uncontrollable hormones, why don't we all just get our shit straight?! So until then, fucking bye!" I screamed.