The Names Aphrodite

Chapter Thirty-Four: The Names Aphrodite

Taylynn's POV~~~~~~~~~~

"A game with the Gods and Goddesses of Olympus?" I asked confused.

The council had called Jayce and I to talk about some weird Cupid tradition. We were sitting in the big oak tree room and we're talking about some of the strangest things. Apparently, the council chooses one Cupid to represent our power, they chose me and I'm a little confused on why? I mean I'm just a Cupid.

"You've impressed the Gods the most. They would be disappointed if we don't choose you." Mikal chuckled.

"What happens if I lose?"

"They kill you." Michael shrugged.

"What?!?!" Jayce and I shouted in unison.

"You'll pass all their tests though!" Thomas reassured.

"You better hope I do!" I grumbled.

"We know you will!" Alazar smiled.

"So how does it work?" Jayce asked curiously.

"Well, the Gods will appear to you one at a time. You will be given a test, well more like a quest!" Michael explained.

"When did my life become a Percy Jackson book?" I laughed.

"You also will complete the quest in the time given to you and the material they provide you." Michael continued.

"Some of the Gods might decide to challenge you, like say our father! He probably will give you a quest but if he changes his mind, he'd challenge you to an archery contest!" Thomas added.

"I can't believe you guys did this." I grumbled.

"We thought you'd be happy! It's a great honor!" Alazar sighed.

"I'm a junior in high school. Instead of writing my ten page essay on American Government, I'm here talking about Gods!"

"Moving up in the world! Way better than history." Mikal shrugged.

"When's the first challenge?"

"Quest." Thomas corrected.

"Whatever! When is it?" I glared.

Michael was about to speak when the huge oak wood doors swung open. The most beautiful woman walked in with a long white dress. The blonde hair trailed down her back and her bright blue eyes shined with excitement. She had the most beautiful pale skin I'd ever seen and I could feel my insecurities attacking me from the inside.

"Um, hello! May I ask who you are?" I asked curiously as the guys gawked at the woman.

I couldn't help but notice Jayce wasn't looking at her. I don't even think he notice her walk in. He was looking at me the whole time and had the goofiest grin on his face. I blushed a little and he winked playfully.

"The names Aphrodite." The woman shrugged.

She gave Jayce a strange look and Jayce finally looked pup at her. I noticed he was unaffected by her beauty as he gave her a polite hello as she sat next to him. He turned his attention back to me and nudged me playfully as I smiled at him.

"Who's he?" Aphrodite asked in awe.

"Jayce?" I nudged him.

"Yah?" He smiled.

"Aphrodite asked who you were." I repeated.

"Oh! I'm Jayce, hi." He said nonchalantly.

Aphrodite stared at him as if he had three heads. She gasped when he didn't even give her a second glance and turned towards me again. I was even surprised, I mean the woman is the freaking Goddess of Love and Beauty! I wouldn't blame him for being affected by her presence but he didn't even seem to care. I could tell she had mixed emotions as her blue eyes studied him. She seemed hurt, and for a split second, angry. Then it changed to envy as her eyes landed on me.