Do I Have A Choice?

Chapter Thirty-One: Do I Have A Choice?

Taylynn's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What if she doesn't listen?" I groaned.

My mom giggled as she watched me mindlessly brush my hair in front of my full body mirror. I was sitting on the carpet in my room and my mom was staring at me intently from the comfort of my bed. I sighed and focused on my reflection in the mirror. My brown wavy hair bounced back as I put a comb through it. My hazel eyes showed more of a grayish-blue and my ivory complexion was flushed in the heat of my room.

"Sweetheart, whatever happens, it'll be for the better."

"I just want to help her be happy." I mumbled.

"You can't make everyone happy." My mom giggled.

"It doesn't hurt to try though."

"So try." She smirked.

I sighed and looked at her reflection from the mirror. She smiled weakly and rubbed my back as I pouted.

"She's gonna make my life a living hell if it goes the wrong way."

"Then don't let it." She sighed.

"How though?" I groaned.

"They don't call you Cupid for nothing. Show them that you are the matchmaker they think you are."

"I'm not Cupid though." I lied.

"I know that, but it doesn't mean you can't help someone find love." Her sweet motherly voice echoed in my head.

I smiled weakly and turned around to face her.

"Thank you." I spoke softly.

"Anytime." She grinned.

I watched as my mom walked out of my bedroom and shut the door behind her. I jumped up from the floor of my bedroom and skipped to my closet. I stripped off my pajamas and grabbed a pair of jean shorts and a black tank top. I pulled my now frizzy hair, from being brushed constantly, into a ponytail. I walked to my desk chair and grabbed my satchel and cell phone.

Since today was Saturday I figured I would just go to Tessa's house and wing it. I know it sounds reckless but I really don't know what else to do. I hope she hears me out before slamming her door in my face.

I sighed as I walked down the stairs and grabbed my car keys. I opened the front door and pulled out my house keys to lock the door. I turned around and just took a deep breath. I took in my surroundings and smiled. The birds chirping and the light breeze, calmed my nerves as I walked to my jeep.

I hopped into the drivers seat and turned the ignition on. I watched as my jeep came to life. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to my absolute doom, Tessa's house.

As much as I hoped it wouldn't be this fast, I got there in about ten minutes. I groaned as I parked my jeep next to the sidewalk of her house. I took a look at the huge house and frowned.

"This sucks." I pouted.

You're the one who wanted the case!

I know but this is Tessa. The bitch is crazy!

Don't be a wimp.

Fine!

I huffed as I turned off the engine and stepped out of my jeep. I walked along the granite pavement and stopped as I reached a ginormous white door. I didn't wait to press the doorbell in fear that I would chicken out. I waited for a good twenty seconds before the big door opened. Tessa stood in front of me looking at me with confusion.