I Forgot How Much Of A Good Sport You Were

Chapter Nineteen: I Forgot How Much Of A Good Sport You Were

Taylynn's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You'll do great, kid!" Mr. Washington smiled.

I was having lunch with him and he knew I was stressed. Today was the big day. The Titans were back and I wasn't ready for it.

"Will you be there?" I asked curiously.

"Of course!" He beamed.

I smiled at him and then looked back at my half eaten salad.

"I wish Emma was here. I know I can do this without her, but I wish I didn't have to." I confessed.

After Jayce had left last night, it was all I could think about. Emma would've been so excited to play them. They may have given us a hard time but they put up a good fight and she loved that.

She always covered my back on the field. We didn't have to really shout out our next moves. She just always knew me. She knew my next move better than anyone else. Honestly she's one of the few who passed by me without a struggle.

"She'll be there in spirit." He said softly.

"Yah, she will be!" I beamed.

There wasn't a point in being sad. I had to get pumped up for tonight. I needed to be focused and ready for anything.

Mr. Washington and I started discussing history and the paper he was thinking about having us do. I was about to protest and he stopped me.

"Now, you may be my favorite but you still have to do it!" He read my mind.

"Fine! I'll probably be the only one who does." I pouted.

He chuckled and I smiled.

The bell rang and I said goodbye to Mr. Washington. I was about to enter my Math class when I looked up and saw a huge sign hung up above the stairs in the hallway.

Good luck tonight girls, the whole school will be there!

I couldn't hide my smile as I stared at the sign. We really did have an awesome school. I walked into Math and smiled when I saw Jayce. I sat in front of him and he smirked.

"Miss me?" I whispered in his ear.

"More than you know." He groaned.

I quickly kissed his cheek before sitting down. Today was going to feel way longer than it really was.

~~~~~6 hours later~~~~~

"Girls, you've got to breathe!" I shouted.

The girls locker room was full of panic and hushed whispers. It got extremely quiet after my outburst. I was trying to put my shin guards on and for some reason was struggling with it. I could feel my frustration building.

"Screw this!" I shouted.

I walked out of the locker room with my stupid shin guards in my hand. I was walking to my jeep when I saw Jayce pull up with his parents.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he got out of the car.

I ignored him and he grabbed my arm. I turned around and hugged him.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"We'll see you at the bleachers sweetie!" I heard Mrs. Bonds shout.

"Okay!" Jayce shouted back.

I looked away when he pulled out of the hug.

I was angry. The girls were stressed. They doubted the team and the late night practices. They doubted me and that infuriated me to no end.