Don't Shoot The Messenger

Chapter Thirty-Five: Don't Shoot The Messenger
Taylynn's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Knights have been around for centuries, even now they still exist in secret societies. Knights have shown courage, honor, strength, honesty, and justice. They are a perfect explain of what our school should be based on." I finished my speech and smiled when everyone in class clapped.

Mr. Washington made me read my essay in front of the class and it was a little uncomfortable until after two pages and then I got over it. Luckily even though I had lost three days of studying and writing because of my quest, I was able to complete my essay in a good fashion manner. I was expecting my parents to get upset for going missing for three days but Jayce told them I was staying in Emma's room for the whole week. They thought it was a great idea and I decided it would be too.

"That was amazing, Taylynn." Mr. Washington beamed.

"Thank you!" I grinned as I rushed to my seat.

The bell rang and we all packed our bags to leave class. I was just walking out when Mr. Washington called after me.

"Taylynn!"

"Yes sir?" I stopped in my tracks and retreated back to his desk.

"I wanted to talk about making your load a little lighter."

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I've noticed how busy you've been with soccer, all the honor classes, and school activities. I've decided since you have an A+ in this class, instead of writing a bunch of essays this year, if you want to consider maybe tutoring some of the students here, that would replace the essay work." Mr. Washington smiled.

"Mr. Washington, you know you're my favorite teacher to ever walk the earth but that sounds more complicated than writing a bunch of essays." I laughed.

"I suppose. It's your decision, I have several other students doing this and I just want you to know you have this option available." He chuckled.

"Thank you, I'll definitely think about it!" I smiled.

"Now get to class!" Mr. Washington grinned.

I laughed and walked out of the classroom. I was heading over to my locker to change out my books when Jayce came running over to me.

"What's wrong?"

"They're calling." He breathed.

"Right now? We have English!" I groaned.

"I have to answer this, babe it could be another quest." He sighed.

I groaned as he answered the phone and we weren't at school anymore. I gave Michael a dirty look as he smiled at us.

"Can you guys try and call on the weekends?" Jayce sighed.

"Sorry, one of the Gods has a quest for you." Michael smiled sheepishly.

I was about to ask who when a young man, wearing traveling clothes bursted through the doorway. He was wearing a flat hat and his sandals had wings attached on the back. He was holding awinged staff with snakes wrapped around it. He had a bright white smile as he plopped onto an oak chair. His brown eyes connected with mine as he placed his staff on the oak table.

"Hermes, the Messenger of the Gods." I stated.

"You must be reading those Greek Mythology books of yours!" Hermes chuckled.

"Something like that." I smirked.

"Well, I have been swamped with letters and messages. I need a little help. I have a very important client who needs to get this letter." Hermes sighed.