Cupid's Best Friend

Prologue~~~~~~~~~

Not a lot of people believe in cupid. They hear the word cupid and think of a baby in a diaper with some tiny wings and a flimsy bow and arrow. I use to think that way to. Then I met Emma Bonds. She's my best friend. Well, she was my best friend. She passed away a week ago from unknown causes and her funeral is tomorrow. She had been my best friend since 1st grade. When we got older she changed. She turned into a "love" expert. Little did I know, she was actually cupid. When she finally told me I almost didn't believe it but Emma has never told a lie in her entire life. I would always help her as much as I could. She once told me when her time is up she will die and her powers will be given to me. At first I begged her not to talk of such horrible things but she was right. The same night she passed she had given me a box. It held a key inside which she told me to use when I went into her room to sort out her things. Her last words were "Taylynn Smith, I'll be watching you. Don't give cupid a bad rep." 

Emma is now gone and her parents are just as big of a mess as I am. They knew about her wonderful gift and when I told them what happened they promised to guide me as much as they can with my new found powers which might I add have yet to come. Now I'm a Junior in high school with homework to no end and now the fate of every high school relationship is in my hands. 

On top of everything else Emma's fraternal twin Jayce who is also the football captain and your typical egotistical jerk is trying to make me even more miserable now that Emma is gone. The only nice thing I can say about Jayce is his love for Emma. He absolutely adored her and honestly it was the strongest bond I had ever seen. 

So why don't you wish me some luck before I go ahead and jump into a hurricane of heartbreak, hate, anger, love, desire, and pain.

This is for you Emma Bonds.