Flashbacks Down Memory Lane

Chapter Five~ Flashbacks Down Memory Lane

Taylynn's Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry up Tay!!!!" Emma giggled.

Emma had gotten me to try on the dress she had secretly bought me. She told me it was a we survived middle school present. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I looked pretty good in this navy blue summer dress. I took a deep breath and stepped out of Emma's bathroom and she gasped.

"You look gorgeous Tay." Emma smiled sincerely.

I could feel my cheeks heating up and she rolled her dark green eyes.

"You always look gorgeous though." She gushed.

I giggled and sat next to her on her blue queen size bed. Emma was looking down at her hands as if she was debating something. She looked very conflicted and I started feeling concerned.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

She was quiet for a moment and then finally spoke.

"Would you still be my best friend if you knew I was different? If there was something about me that could be labeled as creepy?" She spoke softly.

I thought for a minute and then placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me and smiled weakly.

"Emma I would still be your best friend even if you were a one eyed freak. You are my best friend. I absolutely adore and love you too much to let little things get in the way." I smiled reassuringly at her.

She grinned at my little speech of love I gave her and nodded. She stood up and took a deep breath. 

"You remember when we were little and I showed you the birthmarks on my shoulder blades?" She asked.

I nodded remembering the gorgeous wings that she was born with on her shoulder blades.

"There's something I haven't told you because the council told me to only trust family but to me, you are family, Taylynn. I'm going to trust you with something that I haven't told anyone but Jayce, mom, and dad." She took another deep breath.

"Council? Emma are you feeling okay?" I asked confused.

"Taylynn, I'm cupid." She blurted it out so fast I almost didn't believe her.

I was trying to absorb the words she had just said. Emma has never lied to me. She's the most honest person I know. She's my best friend and it would make sense, she has turned into a love expert in the past couple of year. 

"Tay??" Emma's voice was filled with fear of rejection.

I smiled up at her as I stood up and gave her the biggest hug ever. She hugged me back tightly and I could feel all the tension in her body disappear. After a minute of hugging we sat down on the bed again.

"So cupid huh?" I smirked.

She rolled her eyes. 

"It's a tough job, I have to keep teenage relationships up to a higher success or love for teenagers will die and they will give up on it." She sighed thinking of the possibilities.

"That's understandable." I agreed.

"Taylynn, would you like to help me accomplish this goal?" She asked seriously.