Chapter Eight

You wake up to the sound of Colby's alarm going off. Of course, he is the only one not affected by it. It woke both you and Sam up, but Colby is still sleeping soundly. You and Sam decide to wake him up by pulling him off the bed, filling the bathtub with water, and putting him in it. Hopefully it will work. You go into the bathroom and start filling the tub as Sam pulls the sheets off of Colby. After the tub is filled, you go and help Sam carry Colby to the tub. You get him to the tub, then he starts to wake up, so you quickly drop him into the tub filled with cold water. He freaks out, immediately trying to get out of the tub but slips.
"You guys are jerks." He looks at us both, slowly getting out of the tub and grabbing a towel.
You and Sam walk out of the bathroom to leave him to get ready.
After an hour, everyone is ready and you can finally leave. You get in the car, and go to the next set of buildings. When you arrive, you see that the buildings are just swarmed with security.
"Do we want to try to get past them? Or is it not worth it?" Colby asks, looking around.
"I don't thing it's really worth it.." you say, looking at all the security.
"Should we go to the last building?" Sam asks.
"Since Colby really wants to know what it is, and I think he will love it.... No. Not yet." You laugh.
"Y/N! You are so cruel!" Colby yells, slapping your leg.
"Hey, no need to get violent. I'll call Jake and he'll whoop you!" You say, pulling out your phone.
"Tell him, I don't care. It was a joke."
"I know, I'm joking too, but I do need to call him anyway."
You call Jake, and while you were on the phone, you joke and say Colby was flirting with you. After you get off the phone with Jake, Colby's phone start blowing up with text messages.
"Wow Colby, you're popular." You say, looking over his shoulder.
"They're all Jake..." he says, getting out of the car. You go to follow, but Sam grabs your arm and keeps you from going.
He looks you in the eyes and says, "Stay in here, that's the best plan."
As you look in his eyes, you can see the worry he has.
"Why the worried look, Sam?"
" Jake didn't catch on to the joke... He thinks Colby was actually flirting with you. He texted me." He says as he shows you the text. You grab his phone, to take a closer look at the text.
"Sam, don't let Colby get close to Y/N. He was flirting with her and that can NOT happen."
As you finish reading the text, Colby gets back in the car.
"Hey, is everything okay?"
Colby looks up from his phone, "Yeah, everything's fine. Let's go to the next building." You could hear the pain in his voice, you knew something was wrong. But you could tell he didn't want to talk about it, so you let it go.