7

"A party? You're kidding." I say, on the phone with Clay. "I'm most definitely not kidding dude. Come on, we all need to let loose after all this crazy shit's been happening." Clay says enthusiastically, trying to convice me to go. Sheri happens to be throwing a party and of course because I'm a teenage guy I have to go. Ugh.

"I don't have a ride—" I say, Clay immediately cutting me off, "I'll pick you up at 7," then hanging up on me. I roll my eyes. I swear, every party I ever go to just makes bad memories.

I wonder if Zach is going. I could text and ask but, I don't know. I don't want to get clingy. You know, in a friendly way. Because we're friends.

The whole week had already gone by. I haven't talked to Jess whatsoever. Hell, she wasn't at school half of the week. My PT lessons with Zach went by as normal, nothing new. He'd help me and then drop me off at home. Come to think of it, we haven't really talked much this week.

I go to my closet and pick out a light grey sweatshirt and some skinny jeans. Hey, straight guys can wear skinny jeans too okay! They look pretty damn good on me if I do say so myself. I look at my phone and it's 6:45 pm. Hmm, what do I do with my life in these next 15 minutes?

Youtube. I click on some videos and watch a few, eventually getting to the weird part of youtube. Why am I watching a cat eat different types of meat? I don't know. But it's oddly entertaining.

Clay texts that he's outside. I head downstairs. Luckily, my parents are outside of town on their anniversary trip. I hope I have that one day. I walk out of the door and walk over to the passenger seat, where Clay is standing to help me in it.

"Ready to party amigo?" Clay says jokingly as he helps me into the seat. I laugh and then stop dead in my laughing and say in a serious tone, "No." He frowns and then laughs as he gets into the drivers seat.

He starts driving. "So, how have you and Justin been?" I say. It must be hard to live with Justin after everything that's happened. "Wh- what do you mean?" He says as his eyes widen a bit and he grips the steering wheel a bit tighter.

"You know, how has living with him been..?" I say, scrunching my eyebrows together slightly. Why the hell is he being so.. weird. "Oh, it's been uh, fine." He says and doesn't say anything else. "Alright then." I say and laugh a bit.

We drive for about twenty minutes and make it to Sheri's. As expected, the house is blasting music and I can already see horny teenagers making out in the front lawn, red cups everywhere. Ugh. This is so not my scene.

I've only ever went to these to fit in with Bryce and his rapist buddies, not anymore though. Fuck those guys. Now I'm here because.. well, I don't really know I guess. So I'm not alone.

Clay helps me out of the car and after dodging a bunch of drunken teenagers, I make it inside. It feels like a sauna. And not in a good way. Theres so many damn people here, I feel like I'm being suffocated. Where the hell did Clay go? He just.. disappeared??

I go to the kitchen and get a cup of water. Yeah yeah, I know I'm lame, but I don't really feel like getting a hangover tomorrow morning. I head to the living room and squeeze myself onto a spot on the couch.

I go on my phone and check snapchat. Yeah, I know, this is really what I'm doing when I'm literally at a party, but screw it. I click on Zach's story. He's apparently at the party.. wow. I wonder where the hell he's at.

I get up and walk around to find Zach. So many sweaty bodies bump into me. I try to make my way to the stairs. Ugh, stairs are one of my biggest weaknesses. I make my way up the stairs, but pretty slowly. Thank god all these teenagers are too drunk to realize how weird I look.

When I finally make it up the stairs, I have no idea where to go. Sheri's house is freaking huge. Oh god, it just occured to me that Zach could be in one of these bedrooms with.. another person. Doing uh, certain things. Yeah, I suddenly have the urge to use the bathroom and no longer look for him.

I find the bathroom upstairs and go to open it, but it's locked. "Someone's in here." a voice said, sounding really sad. Then I realized that it was Zach. "Zach?" I say. I get no answer. "Zach? It's Alex."

He opens the door and I'm faced to see Zach crying. I walk in and close the door behind me. "What's wrong?" I say, pulling my eyebrows together, confused. He sobs and falls into my arms. "Hey hey it's okay, it's okay." I say and hold him in my arms.

He looks up at me with those beautiful dark brown eyes. We stare into eachothers eyes for a moment when he breaks the stare, instead of pulling away, pulling me closer to him and clashing our lips together.

I'm shocked for a moment but not thinking about anything else in this moment, I kiss him back. He pins me against the bathroom door, me feeling the vibrations of the music that's blasting downstairs. The kiss is, well, everything. It's passionate, but not forced. No matter how much thoughts are going through my head right now, the only right thing I feel is to be with him right now.

———