Chapter 6

Walking away from Rahda Hall, Jarrett was somewhat disturbed by the amount of files and folders that he was carrying. He was also alarmed by how willingly the medical files were handed to him upon asking.

“That was easier than I thought,” Jarrett said to Simon whom was walking next to him, who also had his arms full of documents and records.

“Seems as though Radha Hall is also concerned about the mysterious deaths,” Simon commented. “There are a lot of files.”

A lot of files. And Jarrett figured that if they don’t act quickly and quietly, there was going to be a lot more.

“We better keep these a secret,” Jarrett said to Simon in no uncertain terms.

And Simon immediately nodded in reply. “Understood.”

Moving quickly, but not in a hurried manner so not to draw attention to themselves and the items they were holding, Jarrett and Simon headed back to the Manor. However, when they turned a corner and was less than a block from their destination, they almost ran into a familiar (and unwelcomed) blonde-haired medic.

Jarrett immediately felt suspicious when Mira gave him a pseudo startled expression, smiling shyly and fluttering her baby blues at him. He was certain that their meeting wasn’t an accident. Despite what she was trying to convey, he felt that she had been waiting for them.

“Oh, you’re from that White Fangs guild, aren’t you?” Mira said with a voice sweet and melodious, almost flirty even. “I’ve heard all about you. You’re becoming quite famous.”

Sharing a sideways with Simon, Jarrett silently conveyed to him that the woman in front of them was the reason why they needed to keep the files they were carrying a secret. They couldn’t afford to let her even get the idea that the Rahda Hall was allowing them to investigate the deaths at the clinic.

Thankfully catching on, Simon gave a small, almost unnoticeable nod of his head before the two of them turned their attention back to the medic before them. They both gave her a rather bland expression which caused Mira to blink and slightly narrow her eyes as if in annoyance. However, she smiled sweetly and placed her hand against her chest in a beautifully sincere manner.

“Oh, how rude of me,” Mira said as she fluttered her eyes at him once again. “My name is Mira.”

“I’ve heard of you,” Jarrett said. And he didn’t mean that in a nice way. He wasn’t one of her mindless fans.

“Really?” Mira almost smirked, but managed to stop herself. Instead she tried to look flustered, reaching up to play with a strange of her wavy hair. But there wasn’t a flush of embarrassment on her cheeks. “My, how embarrassing.”

“Indeed,” Simon murmured, pushing his glasses further onto the bridge of his nose.

As an uncomfortable and awkward silence stretched out between the three of them, Mira seemed to looking up at them with expectation. She then twitched, the smile on her lips becoming more strained. It seemed that she was trying hard to maintain her sweet demeanour.

“…Aren’t you going to introduce yourselves?” she asked them tersely.

Jarret didn’t really see the point. “You already know who we are.”

“Well, that’s true,” Mira said, her narrowed eyes starkly different to the smile on her lips. “But I think it would be nice if you introduced yourself to me.”

“Jarrett.”

“Simon.”

Mira blinked in surprise. “Is that all?” she asked.