Part 1

This is in an alternate universe where Connie, Dodie and Evan live in one house together. This is set in July 2018. I'm American so I'm trying to learn British slang and phrases to write this. I'm @edingereveryday on Instagram and Twitter, so if you like this, drop a follow! I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

    Evan's POV: Another hour passes by and I still haven't filmed Sunday's video! I even have a plan for the video that I've mapped out quite nicely, yet I just can't bring myself to make the video. Oh well, I'll just record it Saturday night.

    I hear the distinct sound of a ukulele echoing through the hallway; dodie must be filming! In typical Evan fashion, I go and interrupt her video with a pun!

    "I heard you from down the hall and just wanted to let you know that I uku-LOVE your ukulele playing," I say in an excited tone.

Dodie, on the other hand, doesn't look so excited. She gives me a glare as if I've just ruined her dress and put beans in her shoes! After a few seconds, dodie starts laughing and says,
"I'm glad you uku-LOVE IT," she says, putting emphasis on 'you,' "Personally, I'm not a big fan of the video I'm recording. Would you fancy writing and recording a little duet song? I'll scratch this uke song," she says.

This sounds like fun!

"Yeah, dodie! That sounds awesome. Can we put it on my channel, though, please? I need a video for Sunday."

Dodie's face changes to a cold expression and we're left in an uncomfortable silence.

"Rock, paper, scissors?" she asks. Oh, I am WINNING this!! Wait!

"No thanks, but that gives me an idea! After we film this, would you be up for a British vs American comparison where we compare childhood games?" I ask hopefully.

Dodie nods yes and we get on to writing our duet!

"But you and me are as good as we can be!"

   Dodie's POV: Evan doesn't realize how great of a singer he is! We're about to film the video for his channel, and then I remember something, it's July 28th. Oh no! Evan's birthday is tomorrow. I blurt out,

    "I'll be right back! I have to go, uh, brush my teeth!"

    It doesn't seem to fool him, but he nods slowly.

    I quickly run towards Connie's room and ask her,

"Do you have anything planned for Evan's birthday?!"

Her eyes widen. We both forgot about his birthday.  Being the typical dodie that I am, my mind starts to fill with ideas on how I can apologize to him. Connie, on the other hand, quickly starts talking about what we can do last minute.

"Maybe we can bake him something! Maybe we can take him on a shopping spree!" Connie exclaims.

"I love the idea of taking him on a shopping spree," I tell her.

We agree that we'll both put in 100 quid so that Evan can buy quite a lot. I leave Connie's room and saunter back to mine..

Evan and I finish the collab and he starts editing it.

"I mean, come on, at least we Americans make SENSE. Bob's your uncle? Who is Bob and what has he done with my uncle?!" Evan says.

Evan's so funny. I immediately start laughing at his bad joke. He thanks me for doing the collab with him and he leaves my room.

I pick up my phone to start scrolling through instagram when I notice that it's 22:17! I'm going to go to bed so I can have lots of energy to celebrate Evan's birthday.