2. The Brown Eyes...

Ten days had passed since Neha's birthday party. Vikram had not been able to find out about that girl. Those eyes...how could someone forget them!! He spent all his time thinking about that face and hoping to see it again. He had asked Neha but she couldn't tell. He had searched through all the photographs of the party but couldn't find her.

His parents had noticed the change in him. They could easily understand hat something had happened in the party and hoped that it was positive. Vikram wouldn't tell them what had happened. That was nothing new, he did not share his feelings with them. That was for Rahul to know.

Rahul Mehra, the Assistant Managing Director of Mehra Industries, was Vikram's childhood friend. They had gone to the same school and college and were like brothers. They knew each and every thing about each other. One could beat Google in the quiz if the other was the subject. They hid nothing from each other. They made a rule to spend time together whenever possible. Therefore, Vikram was in Mehra Mansion that evening. Both the friends were sitting in Rahul's room, drinking orange juice and telling each other the recent happenings in their life.

Suddenly, Rahul declared "I am in love.

Vikram spat out the orange juice. He couldn't believe his ears and started questioning his friend, "What???? Who is that girl? What does she do? Where does she live? When did you met her? Does she know? Have you talked to her?"

Rahul glared at him, saying, "Stop it, Vicky. You don't have to fret about it." Saying so, Rahul began telling Vikram everything about his lady love. Vikram listened to him attentively and at the end questioned, "She is not like her, is she?" "Nope. She is an angel," said Rahul.

Vikram smiled then got lost in his thoughts. Rahul inquired, "What is it Vicky?" Vikram sighed and told him about the girl he was not able to forget. "I don't know what is wrong with me, Rahul. I just can't forget her face. Those brown eyes...they have cast a spell on me."

Rahul looked at his friend amused. He had never seen him like this. He said, "If your feelings are pure then you will meet her again."

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

On the other side of Delhi, sitting in her room, a girl was talking on phone. It was the same girl, with the same brown eyes which had taken away Vikram's peace of mind. 

The girl spoke, "So, that is the reason she is avoiding me. Don't worry I will take care of that girl." Saying so, she cut the call. At that same moment, the door opened and entered Mrs Rekha Kapoor. She asked her daughter, "Whose murder are you planning, Priya?" "Anjali's," answered the girl.

The girl was Priya Kapoor, daughter of Raghav and Rekha Kapoor. Her father, Mr Raghav Kapoor, was the head of the Finance Department in Agasthya Group Of Companies, while her mother was a housewife. Priya, herself was working in the same company as her father's in HR Department. The girl she was talking to was Neha and the girl she was talking about was Anjali, her childhood friend and Rahul's lady love. 

The mother-daughter sat together, chatting. It was quite evident that she was not affected by Vikram like the latter was affected by her. She talked to her mother happily and enthusiastically, sharing every recent gossip she had heard. A stranger looking at them could never guess that they were mother and daughter. They shared a bond deeper than anything else in the world. 

____________________________________

So, how is it? 

Fun fact : When I had starting planning Love Always Wins, I wanted to have two side pairs of no importance. One was Ajay & Nidhi and the other, I planned to pair up Vikram with Aditi but later decided against it.

Question - Who said 'If your feelings are pure then you will meet her again.'? (Not Rahul, please) You don't have to go outside Wattpad. (Will tell you the answer in next update)

~Purnima