7. Feelings.....

After spending ample amount of time with each other, Vikram dropped Priya at her house. Priya entered the house all tired. She was welcomed by her mother, who asked her, "How was the date?" Priya frowned and asked, "Who said that it was a date?" Her mother raised her eyebrows but Priya ignored her and moved to her room. 

Priya's Room

Entering her room, Priya fell down on the bed. She was tired. More mentally than physically. Her thoughts and fears were increasing every minute. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Suddenly, a hand was massaging her forehead. She recognized the touch. It was her mother. 

Rekha asked her daughter, "What is troubling you?" Priya looked at her and then kept her head in her laps. "Mumma, I am feeling afraid," said Priya. Frowning, Rekha asked, "Afraid of what?" Priya sighed and replied, "My feelings." Her mother looked at her questioningly and she continued, "I feel attracted towards Vikram...."  

"Finally. I had started to think that you are not....," Rekha could not complete her sentence as Priya whined, "Mummaaaaa." Rekha chuckled and said, "Okay okay. So, what is the problem?" Priya said, "Do you realize who he is? He is The Vikram Khanna. Owner of...." "And you are planning to rob him of his wealth," said her mother. 

Priya looked at her mother astonished. Rekha continued, "You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. And love doesn't understand your baseless fears. If your intentions are pure, nothing can go wrong.

Priya looked at her mother amazed. Of course, what she said was true. And who could explain it better than her. A mother in undoubtedly the first and the best teacher.

"So, how was the date?" asked Rekha again. Priya chuckled and began sharing the details with her.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Vikram was sitting in the living room of his Bungalow, looking at the pictures of the dinner. He was smiling to himself. Suddenly, he heard someone singing, "Ho gaya hai tujhko toh pyaar sajna, laakh karle tu inkaar sajna." (You have fallen in love, no matter how much you deny it)

He looked around and saw his parents sitting in front of him and smiling. Nervously, he stuffed his phone into his pocket and sat attentively. "Show us the pictures," said Aneeta. Vikram gave his phone to her. Looking at the pictures, Prateek and Aneeta smiled.

"She is beautiful," said Aneeta and then she looked at Vikram and asked him, "You told her that, didn't you?" Vikram shook his head in no. Aneeta said furiously, "You are a fool, Vikram Khanna. A fool. You take a girl on a date and you don't even compliment her. What should I do with you? Your Dad was better at this...."

"I know I am not like him," said Vikram. He got up and left the room, leaving his parents in sorrow.

Prateek said to his wife, "You shouldn't have said that." Aneeta sighed and said, "I did not mean it like that. You know naa Prateek, I did not mean it like that. I just said it. Why can't he forget it?"

Prateek Khanna hugged his wife, who kept on asking, "Why did he have to hear us that day? Why? I want my son back, Prateek. I want his smile back."

Prateek picked up Vikram's phone from the table and kept in her hand. It was displaying a picture of Vikram and Priya. The smile on Vikram's face was not a fake one. It was genuine. 

And in that moment, she knew the answer to her questions. Joining her hands in prayer, she asked for LOVE to show its magic.

_________________________________________

So, how is it? 

What is wrong with Vikram?

Please share your thoughts and opinions...

~Purnima