5. They Meet

Destiny is a cruel thing. You meet a person. They enter your thoughts. But you don't meet them again. What can be worse!! Their thoughts never leave you and your eyes crave to see their face. The same was happening with Vikram and Priya. They could not stop themselves from thinking about each other but never got the opportunity of meeting once again. While Vikram kept the sketch with himself and was always looking at it, his picture in Priya's mobile was never deleted.

Four months had passed since the party. Both craved to meet each other but nothing of that sort happened. Their parents could sense the change in them and were enjoying this phase of their kids' life. But there was someone who enjoyed the most. Neha. Both Vikram and Priya had contacted her, pleaded her to know about each other but she was busy enjoying on their expense. She did so not to hurt them but because she knew that the two of them were bound to meet in Rahul and Anjali's engagement, which was today.

Rahul and Anjali were getting engaged. Vikram and Priya's best friends were getting engaged. They had to attend the function. They had to meet. But they did not know it. Had they known, their night would have been more peaceful. 

Engagement Party

The hall was brightly lit. Since it was to be a closed affair, only few people were present. Waiting for the couple to arrive, Vikram stood in a corner. Suddenly he noticed that Neha was coming to him along with someone. His heart jumped in joy as he realized that it was the same brown-eyed girl, Priya Kapoor. 

Priya's heart was beating very fast. She was finally going to meet the person she wished to meet since long. Soon, she was standing in front of him.

Neha spoke teasingly to both of them, "You both wanted to meet each other. Enjoy!" She winked and left them alone.

Vikram drew a deep breath and forwarded his hand, "Vikram Khanna." Priya shook hands with him. "Priya Kapoor."

Vikram clarified Neha's statement, "We have already met twice so I just asked Priya if she knew you. And she...." Priya agreed with him, "Yeah. Same reason. So, you are here as..."

"Rahul's best friend. And you...," said Vikram. Priya answered, "Anjali's best friend." Vikram smiled. He wanted to talk more, to know her better. The urge was so strong that he couldn't stop himself from asking, "So, what do you do, Miss Kapoor?" Priya smiled and spoke, "I am currently working in Agastha Group of Companies. HR Department. And you?"

Vikram answered normally, "I am the owner of Khanna Hotels."

Priya stared at him. He was The Vikram Khanna. How could she not recognize him? Best friend of Rahul Mehra. Vikram Khanna. Girls die for a glimpse of him. And here she was, standing in front of him. 

Vikram drew her attention back to him and gave her a questioning stare. When she did not reply, he sighedand spoke, "I maybe an owner or something but firstly I am a human. I too have friends like normal people. I behave like normal people too. I am a normal person."

Priya smiled. At the same time, the couple of the day entered the hall. Walking together, they looked like a heavenly couple. They walked to the dais and sat on the chairs present for them. The function stared. 

As the couple exchanged rings, Vikram looked at Priya. She was already looking at him with unknown emotion present in her captivating brown eyes. The two of them shared an eye-lock, just like the couple on the dais.

Destiny is a weird thing as sometimes it gives rise to another love story from an ongoing one.

____________________________________

So, how is it?

As I wrote this chapter, I realized that there is a coincidence. Who can tell me what? You will find the answer in Wattpad itself.

Do share your thoughts and opinion....

~Purnima