3. How Do I Find Her?

Two Weeks Later

The Khanna Hotel was making a remarkable growth in their business. The owners had organized a party that evening, inviting their friends, topmost businessmen and their most important employees. And that was the reason why Vikram had called Rahul, asking him to attend the party as his friend and representative of Mehra Industries. He had also expressed his wish to meet Anjali, Rahul's lady love. 

The venue was lightly decorated. There were people from different fields, talking and discussing their views on the business, etc. Media captured the events. Photographers clicked the pictures. Some were dancing, some were drinking. Everyone had something to say. 

Vikram stood apart from everyone with Rahul. Rahul's eyes were searching for Anjali when suddenly, Vikram's secretary Sasha asked him for a dance. Rahul obliged and moved to the dance floor with her. At the same time, Vikram noticed a girl near the dance floor, looking at Rahul with funny expressions on her face. He looked at Rahul and saw happiness and anxiety on his face. At once he knew that the girl was Anjali. 

Rahul pulled Anjali. The music changed. Both were moving in slow motion, looking into each other's eyes, oblivious to the surrounding. Vikram smiled. He quickly made arrangements that media should not witness this. Then he recorded their dance on his phone and sent it to Neha and Rahul's elder brother. He once again looked at the couple. The love was evident on their faces.  

As the dance got over, Rahul brought Anjali to Vikram and introduced them. 

Vikram teasingly asked, "Anjali, I hope you won't murder my secretary for dancing with Rahul." Anjali blushed and Rahul chuckled. 

Rahul whispered to Vikram - "Raise her salary, will you?" Vikram chuckled and then suddenly he saw her, the brown eyed girl, who has stolen his peace. He excused himself and walked towards her as if in a trance. He stood in front of her, lost in the beauty of her face. 

The girl waved her hand in front of him but he was lost in her mesmerizing eyes. She smiled and left him alone. Till he realized what has happened, she was nowhere to be found. Rahul patted his back and asked, "She is her?" Vikram nodded. 

Rahul gave him a reproachful look and said, "You need to eat almonds, Vicky. She was with us in IIM. Priya Kapoor." Saying so, Rahul made his way back to Anjali. Vikram looked astonished. He had heard the name multiple times. She was Neha's friend. 

Vikram thought to himself, "I am a fool. I have seen her photo numerous times and still couldn't recognize her."

He moved forward in search of Priya but the people won't let him go. They wanted to talk to him, to congratulate him for his success, to praise his hard work. Somehow, he moved forward. By the time he found her, she was leaving. He sighed, feeling discouraged. 

Vikram's Room, 4 AM

The party had ended. Prateek Khanna and Aneeta Khanna were in their room, resting and expecting Vikram to do the same. But he wasn't. 

Vikram was sitting with his college photos, searching Priya in them. Buy he couldn't find her. Thus, making up his mind, he called Neha.

Neha - "Is everything alright, Vicky?"

Vikram - "Yes. Umm Neha, I wanted to know about Priya Kapoor...."

Neha - "You call me at four in the morning to talk about a girl you haven't even met. Are you crazy?

Vikram - "Yes. This girl has made me crazy." And then he told everything to Neha. 

Neha - "Oh wow! Umm......I won't tell you anything. And never disturb me when I am sleeping." She cut the call.

Vikram sighed and spoke to himself, "How do I find her?"

____________________________________________

So, how is it?

Readers, if you think that the story is not worth reading, you can surely inform me and I will remove it.

~Purnima