8. The Proposal

As their friendship grew stronger, Vikram and Priya's feelings for each other increased. Vikram would find excuses to spend time with Priya. He would take her on dates, drop her home after work. When Anjali (Priya's best friend and Rahul's wife) had been abducted and got shot, Vikram had stood next to Priya, supporting her and giving her assurance and hope.

As the months passed by, Vikram realized that he had fallen for his brown-eyed angel and she too had fallen for him. Priya too had realized her feelings but felt that The Vikram Khanna could never fall for her.

Priya's POV

Aaaah! How irritating can it be? Has he got no work. 'Let's go for a coffee, let's go for a dinner, I will drop you home.' I thought he was the owner of a hotel group. He should have lots of work. Why is he wasting his time and mine also? And from where did he get my number? Ahh!!! Whom am I kidding? He is The Vikram Khanna, owner of Khanna Hotels, he can get anything he wants. But why is he after me?

My phone beeped. A message from Vikram - Come to my hotel after your office.

Why? Why should I go?

"Stop doing that. You love his company. Accept it." Said my inner voice.

Okay. I agree. I enjoy his company. But why is he after me. Why? Again Why? I am just an ordinary girl. He cannot....no he cannot.

I will go mad. It's better I concentrate on my work and not on him. Otherwise my boss will throw me out.

The day passed very slowly. It's time to visit Khanna Hotel.

Khanna Hotel

As soon as I enter the Hotel, the manager himself welcomes me. I am taken to a room and a package is given to me. Is this the way, they welcome guests or I am getting a special treatment?

Alone in the room, I open the package. It has a beautiful red gown with a note - Please wear this. -Vikram

I took a warm shower and wore the gown

I took a warm shower and wore the gown. It was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I did my hairs and got ready. After an hour and half, there was a knock at the door. I opened it. The manager himself was waiting for me. I was escorted to the terrace, where Vikram welcomed me with flowers.  

The terrace was divided in two parts

The terrace was divided in two parts. One, where we were standing and the other which was hidden with a curtain. Vikram went down on his knees. Is he going to propose me? Does this mean that the love of my life, loves me back? 

Vikram - "I saw you during Rahul's engagement. Your simple and charming personality attracted me. We might have known each other since our college days but it our best friends' wedding which gave us the opportunity to know each other. I am no very good at these things so, I will ask you directly. Will you be my girlfriend at present and wife after you know me better?"

What? Girlfriend? Wife? Of course yes, yes ,yes...Why is he still looking at me? I said yes naa...Oh! I said it in my mind.

"Yes...Yes...A big yes."

Vikram grinned and gave me the flowers. He got up and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead. He then moved towards the curtains and pulled a string. The curtains moved and in front of me was a beautiful scene.

 The curtains moved and in front of me was a beautiful scene

He led me to the the chair and pulled it for me. We sat their enjoying each other's company. The dinner was delicious but his presence made it better. We talked and danced and talked. 

The worst part of the date was when we had to leave. We bid farewell to meet daily and make everyday better than the previous one. 

_____________________________

So, how is it?

Many of you must be aware that Key To My Heart has been taken down for editing. The edited version will have many major changes. So, please add the book to your library again.

Eternal Love is going to be the last book of this series. Please don't request me to write the story of any other couple from the series. The answer will be NO.

~Purnima