12. You Gave Me My Son Back

Vikram broke the hug and threw a pillow at Rahul. Wiping his tears, he looked at Priya, who spoke, "I don't understand what this has got to do with us?"

Vikram looked at Priya in fear. His eyes told her the answer and she asked him in a dangerously calm voice, "So, you think that I was with you for your money and fame?"

Vikram spoke immediately, "No. How can I think so?" "That is what you implied. You broke up with me because you thought that I would not wish to be with you just because you are not the biological son of Mr. Prateek Khanna."

Vikram looked at Priya, begging her to believe him. Anjali stiffled a giggle. Priya soke again, "Let me tell you one thing, Vikram Khanna. I am not ready to break up with you. I refuse to accept it. I don't care who you are. I am in love with you - your face, your body, your soul, your heart. Do you get me?" Vikram nodded. He was looking at Priya with a strange emotion. and suddenly, he pulled her and kissed her lips, ignoring Rahul and Anjali.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

The four friends reached Delhi. Rahul had told Priya about Vikram's indifferent behaviour towards his parents. Priya was determined to change it. From the airport, Rahul and Anjali left for their home, while Vikram and Priya left for Vikram's. 

In the car

Priya held Vikram's hand and asked him, "Why have you been indifferent to your parents?" Vikram looked at her and said, "They are not my parents."

Priya smiled and asked him, "Have you heard about Lord Krishna?" Vikram nodded and she continued, "He was born to Devaki and Vasudev and brought up by Yashoda and Nand. Whom did he love more?" Vikram looked at her uncertainly. Priya smiled and said, "No one knows. He is known as Devakinandan (the son of Devaki) and also as Yashodananda (the son of Yashoda. He never discriminated between them. He loved both equally." Vikram nodded. "They are your parents Vikram. They brought you up, educated you, gave you a life worth living. Tell me one thing. When you used to fall ill, what did your mother do?" asjed Priya.

Vikram answered, "She used to sit beside me for the whole night." Priya smiled and asked again, "What did they do when you scored good marks or won a competition or achieved anything?" "They celebrated my happiness," said Vikram. He was feeling guilty. Priya asked again, "What was the last time you saw your parents laugh wholeheartedly?" Vikram looked at Priya. He did not know. Priya spoke, "On you nineteenth birthday. After that, they could not laugh wholeheartedly. Why? Because you are their happiness.

Tears escaped his eyes and he asked the driver to increase the pace. Priya smiled. She knew the goal had been achieved. The car stopped at its destination.

Khanna Mansion, Living Room

Vikram entered the room and hurried to his parents. He pulled both of them in a bone-crushing hug and said, "I am sorry, Mom-Dad. I am an idiot. Please forgive me." His parents broke the hug. Prateek patted his back while Aneeta kissed his face. 

Priya smiled at the scene and joined her parents, who were also present in the room. She silently questioned them about their presence but they just smiled.

Aneeta moved towards Priya and kissed her forehead. "You gave me my son back," she smiled. Priya smiled. 

Prateek spoke, "Even before your marriage, you know how to handle him. I think we should get you married soon. What do you say Mr. Kapoor?

Mr. Kapoor nodded but Vikram said, "We want some time." He looked at Priya. She nodded. Their parents said, "Given."

______________________________

So, how is it?

One chapter left... 

~Purnima