10. Where Is Vikram Khanna?

Next Morning

Mehra Industries, Ajay and Rahul's Cabin

Both the brothers were busy checking some files when Priya barges inside the room. Behind her, was the security officer who strictly told her, "Mam, you cannot enter the premises like this. If you don't leave..." He stopped speaking as Rahul motioned him to leave. 

Rahul stood up and asked Priya, "What a pleasant surprise, Priya! How...." He was stopped by Priya who said, "Leave the formalities. Just tell me one thing. Where is Vikram Khanna?

A confused Rahul asked her, "You are his girlfriend. You should know that?" Priya spoke again, anger evident in her voice, "Wrong. I was his girlfriend. That friend of yours broke up with me at 2 AM in the morning by sending me a message.

"What????" screamed Rahul. Colour drained from his face as he realized why Vikram had done it. He turned to his brother and said, "Bhai, I am going out with Priya." Ajay nodded.

Khanna Bungalow

Rahul and Priya entered the Bungalow with Priya. Prateek and Aneeta were sitting in the living room. They welcomed Rahul. Aneeta's eyes got stuck on the face, she had always seen in her son's phone gallery. But before she could say something, Priya spoke, "Rahul Mehra, will you tell me where is that coward friend of yours?

Rahul looked at Priya and said honestly, "I don't know Priya. But I will find him. Trust me." He turned to Prateek and asked him, "Where is Vikram?" Prateek Khanna looked at Rahul and Priya. He could not understand what was happening. He answered, "He is not in Delhi. But I don't know where he is. What has happened?"

Priya answered, "Your son proposed me yesterday evening. Broke up with me today morning. And has switched off his phone."

Rahul sensed the tension in the situation and said, "Priya, they are your would-be in-laws." Prateek and Aneeta smiled while Priya glared at him, "That is if I leave their son alive. If you don't wanna die right now, you better find the whereabouts of your friend.

Rahul gulped in fear and immediately called Vikram's secretary, Sasha. The call ended within a minute and Rahul spoke, "Chennai." He next call Anjali and said, "Meet me at the airport. We are going to Chennai. Priya is coming with us. Inform at home."

He looked at Priya. She nodded. She looked at Vikram's parents and said, "Sorry. Uncle and Aunty. But after what your son has done, I cannot forgive him easily."

Aneeta hugged her and said, "Slap him once on my behalf." "And two punches from me," added Prateek.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Chennai

Vikram was sitting in his room in the Khanna Hotel. He was looking at Priya's photographs on his laptop. He had not yet switched on his phone. He did not know what he will do when he reached Delhi. He dreaded that moment. 

A lone tear slipped down his eyes. He knew he had hurt Priya. He knew she would start hating him. He also knew that he loved her. Tears escaped his eyes and he kept on wiping them. 

Why was his life so messed up? Why couldn't he lead a normal life? Why couldn't he find love and happiness? Why? He asked a numerous questions but found no answer. How would he? He had been searching the answers in the wrong place. They were hidden inside in his heart but he never bothered to search there. Had he searched inside his heart, his ex-girlfriend wouldn't be planning his mother.

There was a knock at the door. "Room service," said a voice. Vikram opened the door. In front of him were three faces, red with anger, ready to murder him.

_________________________________
So how is it?

~Purnima