Interpol Arrives and a Very Steamy Makeout

The next day, Suho arrived to work feeling like . He would usually spend Wednesday evening’s at his uncle’s place, sipping wine as they discussed politics or playing with Jenny. But yesterday, he skipped the whole thing and stayed at his penthouse instead. He was so bored waiting for Yixing to finish work that he actually cleaned his penthouse. And he hated cleaning, plus he has maids for that.

                The cleaning was a good thing because it gave Suho the chance to think. He couldn’t believe where this case was leading to. Could his beloved, albeit sarcastic and demanding, uncle really be involved? But it was hard to deny that he wasn’t. The clues were so clear, the fountain, the empty extension and most importantly, the name on the ledger. It could be possible that his uncle was framed, but who could be framing him? And why?

                Could the culprit really be closer than we think?

                Suho didn’t dare contact his uncle. He arrived straight at his office without making his usual breakfast stop at his uncle’s place. Yixing packed him a breakfast meal so he ate it in his office.

                “Morning boss.” Taemin greeted. “You’re here early.”

                “Got a big case to work on, remember?”

                “Right.” He gave Suho a sympathetic smile and whipped out his trusty iPad. “As you know, our team of investigators is working around the clock to get the names behind the bank accounts. And there is good news sir!”

                Finally. “This is long overdue.” Suho shook his hands clear of breadcrumbs as he took the iPad.

                “The account in the KfW bank belongs to a man named Kwon Jiyoung, a famous fashion designer based in Berlin. One of the Swiss accounts owner named Lee Jinyoung is an accountant based in Tokyo and the other belongs to a female model named Sandara Park. The one belonging to the Industrial Bank of Korea belongs to a man named Rataw Hum.”

                Suho flipped the images of the account specifications on the iPad. A fashion designer, accountant, model and a former labourer? These people have as much in common as a fish and a chicken.

                “There is a slight problem with them…”

                “What is it?”

                “These four people,” Taemin flipped on his iPad. “Have been dead for at least 3 years.”

                “Impossible.” Suho stared at his assistant. “How could their bank accounts still be active? We know Mr. X is still doing business with them.”

                “We have notified the banks and they are looking into possible fraud and embezzlement. Someone must be posing as them and using their account.”

                “It must be. All those documents that Yixing bought us, I want a copy on my desk ASAP.”

                “Right, and Sungyeol has taken the sample from our raid yesterday and sent it to the lab. It came back positive as blood.”

                “Whose’s blood?”

                “We’re gathering DNA’s of all our known victims and running the sample through the database to try and get a match. If we have it, that’s solid proof the extension was used as their headquarters.”