Home [Originally written by: sweetukissfan]

“I don’t like that Hans guy,” Mike said.

                “You’ve said that for the 11th time already.” His sister rolled her eyes.

                “You’re counting?” Luhan teased, playing with her pigtails.

                “I was just guessing.”

                “She’s right though.” Kyungsoo said with a completely straight face. Luhan raised an eyebrow at the shorter fellow before shaking his head and smiling.

                “Okay kids,” Xiumin walked over to the tv, with the Frozen DVD case in his hands. “Your father’s making the popcorn, Chanyeol’s got the blankets and the punch is in the fridge. Kai, turn down the lights.”

                The lights were dimmed as they piled on the sofa. Jongdae took the popcorn bowl and gave it to Sehun. He put Mike on his lap and sat down on one end of the couch. Xiumin and Lucy were on the other end. Chanyeol was placing a warm blanket on Baekhyun’s lap while Kyungsoo and Kai were on the carpet, cuddled together. Luhan had his hand intertwined with Sehun.

                The familiar Disney opening came on, the bright lights of the fireworks behind Sleeping Beauty’s castle illuminating the dark living room. Mike smiled at the colours and Lucy tried to steal some more popcorn.

                It would be the last time they would watch a movie like this.

                Tomorrow, the Porcelain Dolls would leave. Head home to start anew. And on their last night, they chose to spend it with the family that saved them, and the boys who healed them.

                Somewhere in the middle of Anna meeting Kristoff and Olaf’s appearance, the family sort of lost interest in the movie. Maybe they watched it too many times. But they kept their eyes on the flick anyways. Their eyes were watching, ears are listening, but their hearts were not there.

                Their hearts were with each other.

                The movie ended in the blink of an eye. Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun kissed Lucy and Mike goodbye. The privilege of being young is that they are too young to know the difference between a farewell and a goodbye. It saves them for the very thing that haunts all adults, sadness.

                But even kids will grow up.

   *******************************

                “Baekhyun?”

                “Hmm?”

                “You’re leaving tomorrow.”

                “Hmm…” was the soft reply. Baekhyun had snuggled himself comfortably on Chanyeol’s chest, the sleep demon inching in closer to close his eyes. He couldn’t really pay any attention at all.

                “Will you miss me?”

                “Hmm…”

                “Will you promise to be okay so that I won’t have to worry?”

                “Hmm…” this one was mixed in with a snort.

                “I love you Baekhyun.”

                Silence.

                Chanyeol sighed. He turned off the lights and snuggled closer. Baekhyun had obviously fallen asleep. Chanyeol tried to stay awake. He wanted more time with Baekhyun.