Naruto Was...

Naruto is...

Naruto was a shinobi that lit the skies with his big dreams and loud shouts. The smile that gleamed with happiness and seemed to belong only to him. He had eyes of the purest sky blue as if to show the world, the sky wasn't his limit. Was.

Now, the leaf can only hope the change is temporary.

Gone were those big dreams and gone were those loud shouts. To replace them were nightmares and quiet whispers. Gone, was Naruto's Smile. Instead laid a ready sad frown and tear at the eye. His once pure blue eyes now replaced with an ugly grey. 

Naruto was unrecognizable.

These were the fruits that had grown after the careless sowing of seeds. Seeds placed by the very hands of his friends and family. The countless insults grew, the unnecessary glares, the teasing that grew to bullying. 

When these were brought to light, one can only wonder how Naruto withstood. How he grew and flourished under such circumstances. How such a strong child, boy, and man, had broken.

Naruto slowly had changed. His friends took no notice. His teachers too busy. And his family... became but a dream. He started to cut at his wrists. He started wondering the meaning of his life. He started wishing for a new beginning. So...there was only one path he could see. 

Suicide...

He had committed to take his life, had he succeeded, his wish would be fulfilled. However, to the joy of his friends and family, and to the remorse of him, he had FAILED.

Naruto must cope, he must remember... he must SURVIVE. His friends must comfort him. His family must show him love. And the leaf, they must recognize their failure, should they wish for the world to not perish.

This... this is the story of Naruto, of Naruto and his goodbye, of his friends and family, and of the Leafs redemption.

A/N~

Please be warned that this story is triggering and for the mature. I also wish to say that if you are drawn to committing suicide, please stop. If you need help call 911 or even message me. I understand that I will never understand, however, I can try. 

This story will be set in the time after the failed Uchiha retrieval but before Naruto's 3-year journey. Enjoy~