The Insults Sharp As Knives

Trigger Warning~

Naruto's POV

   It was just like any other day. The sun rose up announcing morning has come. The light blinded me as I cracked my eyes open. I hurried to get ready, choosing to wear my long-sleeved orange jumpsuit to hide the scars that climb my arm.

   Orange, ugh! I chose the jumpsuit for a reason though. It was ugly, it was hot, and it was noticeable, but it was a cover. It was so ugly that no one would choose to actually get close enough to touch it, or accidentally pull the sleaves to reveal my scars. It also prevented anyone from thinking of touching anywhere near my arms and in that way, my scars. It was perfect.

   I made my way out of my cluttered dirty apartment. I could have cleaned up, but the trash was also another cover. Had I cleaned up, the blood all over the floor would become excruciatingly noticeable. So, I kept the rooms dirty, simple as that.

   Leaving, I made my way toward the clearing I would meet whats left of my team. Sasuke... I missed him. I was a failure. I couldn't stop him. I made the whole leaf mourn... I made Sakura cry and Ino sob. So much was caused because of my stupid mistakes...

   My fingers twitched. Wanting to reach a blade. To hurt myself as reconciliation for the pain I undoubtedly caused others. 

   As I got further into the center of the village, the whispers started becoming more louder and came far more often. Comments that said I was a demon. Couldn't disagree with them. Whispers saying I was a monster. Couldn't be far from the truth. 

   Though I told myself these were true, it hurt. Like, burning knives were slowly scratching at my skin. Like I was being tortured. It hurts like hell...

   I just sped up, hoping not to be late to Team 7's weakly training. As I got closer to the said clearing, I saw Sakura already there. I couldn't help but smile. I still had a team, I still have someone to talk to, I'm not alone...

"Hey, Sakura!" I yelled hoping to get her attention. I smiled, teeth showing, only to be met with a groan. Understandable... I was annoying I guess. My smile slightly shrank at that thought.

   At that moment, Kakashi poofed in. His usual excuse being said. I couldn't understand that excuse. No old lady would want me anywhere near her, much less to do something that would have to include physical touch with a demon.

   Kakashi soon got to it. He started with a lecture on chakra. Sakura complained about knowing it, and Kakashi responded with a simple sentence. In his own words, "I'm sure you know this Sakura, but Naruto doesn't, you know how he is, dead last and all."

   Not going to lie, it stung a lot. I know I'm dumb and stupid.. I just couldn't understand "simple concepts" but, why. Tears formed at the edge of my eyes. I quickly brushed them away. 

"Naruto, are you listening?" Kakashi asked, noticing that I was brushing at my eyes.

"Ugh! You're so stupid Naruto! Listen to Sensei! You're so DUMB!" Sakura shrieked. 

"Huh! Uh, yeah..." I said, suffering from the verbal blows. "I got dirt n' my eyes, sorry..." I murmured.

   Time passed by and we got to the physical training. We were supposed to learn how to walk on water. I kept failing as Sakura was slowly getting it. Kakashi had been watching from the shore, reading his book. As I fell once more, Kakashi finally said something.

"Naruto, you're disappointing. How will you catch up to Sasuke? He would have gotten it by now," He taunted.

   I didn't say anything. He didn't have to repeat what I already know. Disappointing, huh. I guess that's true. Coming from his mouth though...it hurts. Everything hurts.