Chapter Four- Part Two

Dedication to @ChristineBlessing23 for her support!

A princess Rules 2
Hiya, this is how I see Ese, she will be revealed soon!

"Phoenix, wake up" I heard a soft voice say "Leave me alone Inene, I need to sleep" I whispered "Who is Inene? I am Zack" I slowly opened my eyes and I noticed the class empty "Where's everyone?" He smiled at me "They left. You were asleep" "Why didn't you wake me up?" "And miss out on watching you sleep? No way" I raised a brow and he started laughing really hard. Did I mention he laughed like a kid?

"Kidding Phoenix, you just looked really tired and I thought you needed the rest" I nodded and got up "Um... Phoenix, would you go on a date with me?" I smiled at him "Sure. Maybe on Friday, I have lessons today" he grinned "Great! See you then, I will pick you up. I know your address, been to one of Darcey's parties" he kissed my cheek and and ran away.

"Who was that?" I turned and saw Andrew glaring at me "Um... Zack?" I asked trying to understand his expression "Zack who?" "Are we doing an interview Andrew? Zack, a sweet boy who decided that he liked that I stood up to Darcey and her demons. Kept me company in the library when I was feeling down, while my supposed friends were having fun. Anything else you want to know?" I snapped at him

"I guess its a no then. And yes, he is taking me on a date" and I walked away, not looking back. To say I was tired of everything was an understatement. I sat on the bench as tears fekk down my eyes, my phone ringing just then. "Ese" I whispered mupy best friend's name "Iniovosa, you dey cry? Wetin happen?" She asked, her voice ever soft which made me cry harder "Stop scaring me and tell me what happened to you!" She yelled

"I... I... I am tired Ese, I mean, what am I doing here? In America. I have no real purpose, I am just here. I am not even welcomed here" I siad through sobs "Iniovisa, whoever says that, may thunder locate them. You arena rare gem. You have a purpose, just find it" "How? How can I find it when everywhere I turn to, I am constantly reminded that I am black and that originally we blacks are stupid?!" More tears graced the floor

"Ini, stop this. Stop all this, stop being weak, stop letting them walk all over you. You are Iniovosa Laya, daughter of great warrior Peter Laya, you dare not let any white trash tell you less. You hear me?" "Yes, I do" and she sighed "Great then, now go and show them who is boss" I chuckled "No dulling Iniovosa, I mean it this time" "Don't tell Inene" "No worries, I won't" "Thank you Ese. I mean it badly" she chuckled lightly "That's why I am here"

I felt so tired when I returned home. I told Jack to tell Ella I was sick and couldn't make it for the lesson and I was too scared to face Andrew yet. My head was aching and I was feeling lethargic and slouched as I dragged my feet to my room. Aunty Jennifer had bought some drugs for me and I took them, while waiting with drooping eyes.

In my sleepy state, I saw a shadow walk into my room through the window "Bête Noire" the person whispered and I closed my eyes, falling asleep. I woke up the next morning feeling very tired and sick. I had a decent bathe, wore a simple dress. I looked sick, as in very sick, but I had to go school, I had a test today.

"Why don't you just stay back?" Jack asked me as I entered the car "Its fine" I said and coghed into my handkerchief "Okay" He said after a long pause and drove off "Bye" I said and walked slowly to my locker. I picked my books and walked into my first class, trying to ignore the noise and moved straight to the back. For the first ten minutes I listened attentively, but my head began to swirl and I closed my eyes and slept off.

"Are you okay?" Zack asked as we met up "Yes. Why?" He shrugged "You look so pale" he said looking concerned "I'm fine" I said and dismissed the topic as we made our way to class. "You sure you fine?" Zack asked me after j dropped my notes in my locker. I saw the Nowhere Boys walking in my direction, their eyes on me, suddenly my heart beat jncreaed and my head began to spin and  things began to look blurry.

"Phoenix. You okay? Phoenix, are you hearing me?" I collapsed to the ground and darkness embraced me in a warm hug. "Bête Noire" I heard Andrew say as I slowly opened my eyes and noticed I was at the nurse's office "Why did you come to school if you weren't feeling fine?" He asked and I took a deep breathe and stared at him, my eyes droopy

"I have to take a test later today" he frowned "Well, you are not writing it today, I am taking you home" "Why? Who gave you permission?" "I volunteered. You are excused to go home, you will write the test once you get better" he explained. I was indeed very three from all the lessons, headaches and all.

"Can you walk?" I nodded as he helped me up "You are so pale" he muttered as he led me out of the school, my bag on his back as we walked towards his red BMW "The back seat would probably be the best for you to lie down" I nodded as he opened the back seat and I slid in "Thank you Andy" I saw a smile creep onto his face as he started the car. Slowly I closed my eyes but I was sure I heard him say "If you know what you do to me"