chapter five .

It's been a long 3 days dealing with having to take Kylie to work with me while Nana's in the hospital. I already know what everybody's thinking:

"Is she really taking her 3 year old to a strip club ?"
"Why didn't she just take off?"
"I wouldn't dare bring my child around all of that."

I poured another shot for one of the dancers and myself, downing it with ease. Like I said, it's been a long 3 days.

I can't take off because that means if I take off, bills pile up, eviction notices are written, things create a whole new life for itself & I finally have everything paid off and paid down.

"Mommy!!" I heard Kylie yell over the loud music.

I bent down to where she was under the bar and looked at her. She removed her princess head phones and looked at me with a scared look on her face.

"Can we go home now?" She asked, rubbing her stomach, signaling that she was hungry as well.

"Not yet, Princess." I said, rubbing her soft curls through my fingers.

"Put your headphones back on and remember to turn them up really loud, okay kiddo?" I said.

"Okay mommy." She said, smiling.

I stood back up and proceeded to pour another round of shots for the girls that were dancing tonight.

I was honestly as ready to go as Kylie. I was ready to go check on Nana, get my baby in the tub, feed her and just relax.

"Here comes your boo." Meagan said, smiling hard.

I rolled my eyes and looked towards the entrance where she was pointing. There stood, Anthony and a few of his homeboys from a few nights ago.

I pushed some hair behind my ear which seemed to be this habit of mine whenever I got shy or nervous. Looking down at the ice, I scooped some into a few glasses and poured Patron in each cup.

"Hey." He said, flashing his perfect white teeth and bottom grill.

"Hi." I yelled over the now blasting music.

As I wiped the bar down & slid a few drinks to customers, I caught eyes with Meagan who was smiling at me hard while she danced on the pole.

I laughed and shook my head, knowing what and who she was referring to. I grabbed a glass and poured his "usual" I guess you could say.

"Hm. Look at you learning me." He said, looking at me.

I smiled and slid his drink to him, wiping the area where some had spilled. I pulled out my phone and texted Meagan, letting her know that I was going to the bathroom and to keep an eye on Kylie under here.

"Hey Princess, Mommy has to use the potty okay so stay put." I said, looking at her.

She nodded her head and continued to watch cartoons on her iPad.

After spending about 7 minutes in the bathroom, I came out and went straight to the bar. There was nobody except Randy sitting there as I approached my area.

"Princess?" I said, bending down.

My heart started to race when I noticed Kylie wasn't where I left her, it was just her blanket and her iPad. I stood up immediately and searched through the crowd to see if I could spot her.

"KYLIE!!!!!" I yelled over the music.

I ran from behind the bar and headed towards the stage. Once I made my way to the stage, I saw a crowd hovering over a man's body who appeared to be knocked out.