chapter nine .

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of breakfast. I stretched out my body as the sun hit my face.

Sleeping with Anthony last night really felt .. different, in a good way. I haven't slept in the same bed with another man besides Kyle.

I felt at peace though.

knock knock

I heard a small knock on the door and in cans running the girls along with Anthony trailing behind them.

"Goodmorning mommy!!" The girls exclaimed excitedly.

Anthony and I looked at eachother as I pushed some hair behind my ear and blushed.

"Goodmorning my little princesses."

They jumped on the bed and hugged me, knocking me back onto the soft yet comfortable bed.

"Girls, let mama get up. Go finish eating with Auntee Megz and Auntee Amy." Anthony said.

And just as fast as they came in, that's how fast they ran out and did as Anthony told them to. I sat up in the bed and brushed my messy hair out of my face.

"Goodmorning." Anthony said, handing me a cup of orange juice.

"Goodmorning. Thank you." I said, smiling at him.

"I'm sorry if I'm staring but you're really beautiful in the morning time."

I felt my face grow hot and I looked down, pulling some loose strings of hair behind my ear. It's something I did whenever I got nervous.

"Thank you." I said, lowly.

••••••

After breakfast, Anthony and I brought the girls to the aquarium and they were in AWE of all of the different colored fishes.

"Mommy look!" Kylie screamed, pointing at the fish.

"I see baby."

We planned on spending this Saturday with the girls. We actually had a full day planned for them. Aquarium, ice cream parlor then the zoo. I know they'll be good and wore out by the time we get back to Anthony's.

"I didn't make you uncomfortable last night, did I?" Anthony asked, looking down at me.

"No, not at all." I said, pulling hair behind my ear and smiling "Did I? I really don't like sleeping alone."

My voice trailed off.

I squinted my eyes, trying to get a good look at this guy who looked a like..

"Daddy!!" Kylie screamed, excitedly.

I was frozen with fear until I saw Kyle pick her up. I shook off every emotion and looked at Anthony.

"I'll take a Princess by the butterflies. I'll be over there if you need me." He kissed my forehead, walking off.

I felt confident.

I exhaled and walked over to Kyle,  taking Kylie away from him. He stared at me for a moment and smiled.

"Nicole." He said.

"Daddy I miss you." Kylie said, happily.

"I miss you too, Princess." He smiled down at her.

Just as I was about to speak, I saw a young woman looked about my age walking up to him with a 4 year old little boy and a small baby bump.

So many emotions came over my body at that very moment. I picked Kylie up and brushed passed them. I wasn't going to lie, my feelings were hurt. That's why he left. He had a whole mother family on the side. He just left Kylie. He left.. me..

•••

After the museum, we took the girls to the zoo then for ice cream. Now their playing dress up with Meagan and Amy back up in the apartment.

"How are you feeling?" Ant asked "You've been quiet since we left the aquarium."

I nodded, paying attention to the water. We were out by the pool. Wasn't nobody out because it was kind of cool today.

"Nicole.." Anthony said, scooting closer to me.

"I'll be okay." I said, pulling hair behind my ear.

"You know, you do that thing with your hair whenever you're nervous or shy or upset."

I looked at him and a small smile appeared on my face. I looked down and let my dimples show.

"It's just.." I sighed "He left us for his other family. He made me get an abortion with our second child and now he's got her pregnant WITH a four year old. I've struggled my ass off with Kylie for the past two years, working long nights, struggling with bills. It's all just so much on me."

I felt the tears sliding down my face and I quickly wiped them away. I was about to get up but Anthony grabbed my hand which made me look at him.

"Come here." He said, pulling me towards him.

I sat closer to him and he put his arm around my shoulder, hugging me tightly.

"You are an amazing mother, Nic. You know that, I know that, Megan knows that, your Nana knows that. Don't let the past haunt you. You're doing so much better without him. Plus, now you have me now."

I felt his lips press against my forehead & I felt at ease.

"I believe I met you for a damn good reason that night. You got this mamas. We got this."

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Are you always this charming?" I asked.

"Normally but not to many.." He laughed "I'm raising a Queen, can't let her see her daddy treating females any kind of way."

"Great answer." I said, laughing.

"Remember what I told you." He said, looking into my eyes "WE got this."

I felt my face grow red and hot & I smiled again.

"We got this." I leaned in "Thank you."

I felt his lips brush against mine and I could smell his minty breath.

"You-"

I grabbed his goatee gently and pulled him in for a kiss.

——————

chapter ten will be posted later , luvs 🥰 .