1. My Unfortunate Life

Okay, before you ask, yes I'm a teenage girl. My name is Alexis, Alex or Lexis for short. Currently, as an 18 year old, I'm heading into university after the summer break, at UC Berkeley in California. Yeah, I know, it seems boring and all, but that's literally what my life is right now.

I'm a seventh generation Floridian from Orlando, and the only reason why I'm here in California is because of a biology scholarship I earned. Yep, I'm that type of kid. A nerd. It's all I've been referred to, and it'll never change under these circumstances.

Life sucks for me right now because I have to deal with a small problem of mine...

...living in LA. Alone.

I really wish I could ask my parents, or at least one of them, to come here and help out. Sadly, both Mom and Dad were killed in a four-car collision back in the Sunny State. So yeah, not the most happy time I've been living in, especially since it happened right before graduation from my high school. Luck was on my side for that one. I had already turned 18 back in February, which meant I was legally an adult and didn't have to be sent to a foster home.

Relatives are basically scarce in my family too. The grandparents from Dad's side were both trapped with lung disease, passing away when I was only 4. Mom never even knew her parents because she had run away from them when she was only 16. As far as I knew, neither of my parents had siblings, so that just plopped me right back in square one.

Meanwhile, I had inherited a fortune of money from my family- all because my parents were both successful business people who were at the top of the industry chain. 6-fucking-million dollars to be exact. It's sad for me since I'm a person who's on the boring side too. I'd rather not spend all my money in one night like some irresponsible people do.

Oh, and another problem I had back in Orlando: being interracial between Japan and black. The black community was actually more accepting than the other, but I couldn't quite fit into both because of being biracial. I was either bullied or discriminated for being both. There wasn't a friend's shoulder to lean on either when it came to my rare mental breakdowns.

Maybe that's why I'm not scared of being alone in Los Angeles.

It's only my eighth day of living in this busy capital of the world, and unlike most Instagrammers or YouTubers, loneliness isn't my issue. My serious problem is the ability to find something fun and exciting to do. It's probably because I've been that girl who's studied all her life and never partied. Plus, all the disasters that have happened aren't really doing any good either.

I figured out that it gotten harder for me to smile now.