15. This is Not Part of the Plan!

Is it weird to feel nervous about visiting the house of a famous YouTube personality? It's so unnerving because of how anxious I feel about making an official impression on one of the infamous Dolan Twins. This date- June 21st, 2018- will probably be forever etched into my brain cells. That just shows how unhealthy my nerves can be.

Another thing that's been nagging at me all day today is the fact that I've spent two weeks of my summer vacation already. Berkeley starts on August 15th and I literally have less than two months to try and enjoy myself- mostly try to. Perhaps meeting the twins wasn't such a bad thing, it might help me.

I'm positive that I have way too many dilemmas and worries for a standard 18 year old girl. Relationships- either intimate or friendly- are the number one thing, and school is another major issue for my brain to deal with. I'd say that my parents' death isn't even near the top of the list, for some strange reason. Most people would think that this skyrockets ahead of my main problems, but actually...not really.

It's just that weird onset of emotion that isn't grief nor relief. I can't even describe it.

My mind eases ever so slightly as I spot a familiar expensive car pull up to the curb. Grayson rolls his passenger window down and leans towards me, nudging down his sunglasses as he stares at me. He and I decided that it would be easier for him to hide this prank of his from Ethan if I just went along in his Porsche instead of giving the whole operation away by letting Ethan spot my car in his driveway.

"Hop in," he smiles and leans back to his side, unlocking the car for me to get in.

"Damn." I mutter, brushing my fingers against the smooth parts. "I haven't sat in one of these since the accident..."

"Oh my gosh..." Grayson says quietly, knowing exactly what I mean. "I'm sorry to hear that..."

"Don't feel sorry." I tell him. "It was unpreventable. It's not every day that a cement truck accidentally spills cement onto the wrong road."

Grayson's eyebrows raise up with shock. He becomes silent as his car stops at the traffic light, looking out his window. I notice his chest move up very slowly, but down quickly. My guess is that Grayson just sighed, but that the sound of the busy streets have muffled his sound. The younger twin places his hands on the wheel again when the light flicks to green.

"Sorry if I went too deep."

"It's okay," Grayson mumbles.

You don't seem okay.

I'll just stop talking.

I crack my head to the side to relief some tension, then adjusting myself in the passenger seat. My eyes flicker to the side mirror, catching sight of someone who isn't supposed to see me with Grayson at the moment. All I can stare at is a black helmet, unable to see a pair of eyes. Yet his cluster of thigh tattoos give his identity away to me.

Shit. He's behind us.

"G-grayson..." my voice nervously wavers.

"Is something wrong?" He asks while changing lanes. "Alexis?"

"Uh...look in your side mirror."

"HOLY SHIT!" Grayson exclaims. "Why the heck is my brother behind us?!"

"I don't know!" I start to panic. "I literally looked to the side and there he was!"

"Duck!"

"What?!"

"Duck down! He's about to pass on the left!" Grayson warns me.

"O-okay!"

I immediately bend over, literally head over heels as they say, hoping that Ethan didn't see me in the reflection of the side mirror. The car steadily slows, coming to a gently halt which I assume is because of a traffic light. Two deep voices exchange dialect as I cram myself deeper out of view- hopefully- while Grayson talks to his twin. A couple f-bombs are dropped as I listen in on the argument.

"I thought you said you were going to be at home washing dishes!"

"I said I'd be reading my fucking book!" Grayson lies.

"Bullshit!" Ethan fires back. "You told me that you weren't gonna go out until later today!"

"Liar!"

"You're fucking lying to me right now!" Ethan cries. "What are you even doing out here right now?!"

"None of your damn business!" Grayson shunts him.

How the fuck did I end up here?

A circus of honks from cars behind us erupt suddenly, forcing the reluctant twins to stop their little dispute. Thankfully for my ears, the bickering stops for good. I hear the older twin shout out a curse at his brother before he revs his motorcycle, zooming off way ahead of us. A finger firmly taps on my back as a signal for me that it's finally safe to sit up.

Grayson sighs loudly with frustration in his face. "Looks like..."

"We're gonna have to change things up, aren't we?" I finish his sentence.