6. Where Lightning Strikes Twice

I moved to Los Angeles, in an apartment unit that I bought so I can avoid the stress of rent. Eight days later, I finally decided to make my socially awkward ass buy a damn truck for myself. Three days from then, I drove to Starbucks and met one of the Dolan Twins. Okay...that's completely reasonable...right?

The weirdest experience was that strange feeling I had from DMing Grayson Dolan. Not a crush or anything...more like...acceptance? I swear it feels like something other than a hot love for a handsome guy like Grayson. Who would ever think my first friend here is a YouTuber?

Maybe it's just a really long and realistic dream.

Why, of all people in the world, would I be chosen to be a friend of one of the Dolan Twins? They have so, so many- millions of fans who would totally kill to be in my position. I'm sure they'd be better at being a best friend or girlfriend to the twins than I would.

2018 can't get any weirder.

I'd laugh if I crossed paths with Grayson Dolan in the middle of this street. Although it's highly unlikely because of how many people there are in LosAngeles. There's no fucking way I'd meet him again this week, especially when I'm on a run.

3 miles down. 2 more to go.

Suddenly, my foot slips and I trip over a crack in the sidewalk. I prepare myself for impact with the concrete, until someone's hand catches the back of my tank top and manages to pull me back. The heels of my feet hit up against the shins of my saviour.

A familiar voice strikes me. "You okay?"

"U-uh, yeah," I stammer, my eyes meeting with the long and dark locks of a young man.

"You should be more careful," he chuckles.

No fucking way...

"S...s-sorry," I apologize, straying my eyes away from this familiar person. "I should get going and finish my run. Thanks for uh, saving me, I guess."

"Ha, no problem," he brushes a hand through his wild hair. "Watch out where you're going next time, 'kay?"

I stop walking and look back at him. "Yeah. Thanks, I will."

My pace quickens as I panic to walk away from the guy. I look down at my palm and use my other hand to pick up one of the AirPods, and I stick both of them into my ears. I pull off to the side of the busy sidewalks and take out my phone, scrolling through a long list of songs to choose from.

The choice eventually settles on Imagine Dragons, and I hit shuffle on their newest album: Evolve. A soft and steady intro to "Rise Up" begins and places me back into my own little world. Suddenly a loud and abrupt, yet awfully familiar, voice cracks down the glass between my mind and reality.

"Alexis!"

I turn around and glare at the person. "Grayson?"

"What are you doing here?" He comes closer to me, the same guy from earlier following closely behind.

"I was trying to finish my five mile run," I sheepishly say. 

"Uh, G? You know this girl?" The guy asks.

"Oh! I totally forgot," Grayson slaps his forehead. "Alexis, meet my brother," he introduces. "Eth, this is a girl I met from Starbucks."

I was right again.

Ethan Dolan's face slowly draws into a smirk. "Oh? Getting on with the ladies are we?" He asks his brother.

"FUCK. OFF." Grayson gives his twin a scowl. "We literally just met and became friends."

He thinks of us as friends already?!

"Aw. That's a shame," Ethan rolls his eyes.

"Um...I-I should go," I awkwardly try to make an exit. "I kinda need to get home so I can do my stuff..."

"We won't keep you waiting then," Grayson sheepishly laughs. "Go on and finish your run."

"Thanks," I shrug a smile and turn around.

I think I've been struck by lightning twice.