Chap 2: Back and Better

Kelsey's POV:

After I had said that, I backed away from him. Who's him you may ask? Just my one and only "amazing" ex boyfriend, Dean Ambrose, still looking as handsome as when we broke up some time ago.

"Kels! I see you're still as clumsy as when we first met. It's been a while but what's with the angry tone babe? How are you? It's been so long since I've last seen you. Most importantly what are you doing here?" Dean questioned as he smirked at me.

"Actually my name is Kelsey. Only friends can call me Kels. No one really calls me Kels anymore ever since well... you. Are you really asking that question right now? Stop talking to me like we are cool because we clearly aren't." I said to him quickly.

"That's nice then, I'll be the only one that can call you Kels. I always called you that back then. Brings back old memories. Kels, come on you still can't be mad about the past. We're older now, shouldn't you get over what happened? I apologized to you for the longest time. You know I didn't mean to do it..." He trailed off.

"I realize that you didn't mean to, but that doesn't disregard the fact that it still happened.. I know that you apologized, several times. I forgave you a while ago for my own sake, to move on. But just seeing you again after so long brings back good and bad memories of us. It's hard for me to process all of this right now. Excuse me but I need to go find my partner. I'll catch up with you another time." I stated as I began to walk past him.

I felt him grab my arm and he moved me back in front of him.

"What Dean, I need to go find my partner..." I trailed off, looking around.

"Well stop looking because you already found him." He said, gesturing towards himself.

"You... You're my partner? You got to be kidding me." I complained.

"Woah there don't get too excited. But hate to break it to you sweetheart, but you're stuck with me until boss man says otherwise." He said as he smiled.

"If I have to.. I guess it's best to work with someone I actually know. Wait... why are you even here? You never told me that you wanted to be a wrestler." I questioned.

"Back then, I didn't consider it to be a career choice but after we stopped seeing each other, I decided to take it up and then that brought me here. How about you? You never told me that you wanted to become a wrestler." He retorted.

"I think that I always wanted to become one but I never had the guts to take it up. Remember I was extremely girly and whatnot. I was extremely nervous to even watch it. However after we broke up, I decided that I wasn't going to be stopped by anyone and just took it up. I signed up to some school near my parents house in LA to help me train. It took me a while but I'm finally here. So did you notice anything different about me?" I asked him.

He studied me closely and looked up and down from my head to my toes. He finally looked at my hair and realized what was new.

"How did I not notice it before? Your hair, it's blonde now! What happened to my black haired beauty?" He stated as he grabbed a few strands of my hair.

Black haired beauty. He used to call me that all the time...

"Dean, a lot of time has passed since we broke up. I dyed my hair blonde to forget about you. Looking back, I realized that it was a stupid idea to dye my hair but it turned out really nice so I never went back to black after that." I said quietly, slightly blushing.

"You look even better than before. Still extremely beautiful. Now you're my blonde haired beauty. I hope you know that I'm still sorry about what happened. After that night, I never saw Tessa again. I regretted everything immediately. You know I still feel the same way about you. Are you sure you've forgiven me?" He promised as he grabbed both of my hands.