Chap 11: Memory Lane

(this chap is gonna be a flashback of when Kelsey met Dean for the very first time and when she caught him cheating; therefore it will all be italicized)

Kelsey's POV: (first meeting)

Don't you just hate it when you run out of groceries and have nothing to eat. Well I hate it with a passion.

So here I was, hungry and speed walking around a grocery store, hunting for some food.

I was pushing a cart around and bumped into someone.

"Oh shit." The person shouted.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" I asked as I ran over to the person.

I helped him up and somehow managed to step on his foot. Sometimes, I wonder how I ended up being this clumsy.

"I'm sorry again!" I said as I started blushing.

I stared at the person and was in awe. He had to be the most gorgeous human being I have ever seen in my twenty one years being on this earth.

"So, are you gonna continue checking me out or are you gonna kiss my foot better?" He joked.

"Ha ha. Very funny. Just because you're good looking does not automatically mean that I'm checking you out." I stated as I crossed my arms.

"Whatever you say sweetheart. You look a bit young to be checking me out, how old are you?" He asked curiously.

"I'm twenty-two. How about you?" I asked.

"Twenty six." He replied.

Four years apart. Not that bad to be honest. I would so ask him for his number but I'm too shy for that.

"Well sweetheart, it was lovely running into you but I'm gonna have to go. See you around." He said as he winked at me.

He walked passed me and his shoulder brushed against mine.

How can someone be that handsome? I really should've asked for his number. I always miss my chance. Sigh.

I got all of my groceries and went to the cashier to pay for them. After that, I went to my car and put everything inside and got into the drivers seat.

I looked through my purse for a hair tie when I noticed a piece of paper at the bottom.

I took it out and saw a number on it. Could it have been the man from earlier? Surely it was him, I mean who else could it be. I decided to text it to see who it was.

Kelsey
uh who is this?

Unknown
i see you've finally texted me sweetheart

Kelsey
omg it's the dude from the grocery store

Unknown
bingo. and my name is Dean.

Kelsey
hey dean, so why'd you slip your number into my purse. i knew you thought i was hot but i didn't expect this :/

Dean
u are hot. and i wanted to ask you out on a date seeing as we seem to both have an interest in each other.

Kelsey
thank u. u r hot as well haha. hmm let me think about that. just kidding yeah of course i'll go on a date with u!

Dean
alrighty sweetheart, ill text you the details soon when i have it all figured out.

•••

(when she catches him cheating)

Dean and I had just arrived at this party that my best friend Tessa had invited the both of us to.

We quickly got some drinks and danced on the dance floor.

I didn't drink at all tonight but Dean was kind of wasted. I wasn't that worried about him because he always knew what was happening in his surroundings even if he was drunk.

"I'm gonna go get you a drink okay Kels?" He asked me as he wobbled around.

"Alright, I'm gonna go sit on those chairs over there and wait for you." I told him as he went to go get the drinks.

I sat down and waited. Slowly, 5 minutes went by. Followed by 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 minutes.

What was taking him this long??

I decided to call him. No answer. I called him again. No answer.

I called Tessa and also got no answer. Where did she go?

I got up from the chair and walked upstairs. Maybe he was passed out in a bathroom. It has happened before believe it or not.

I walked passed a room and heard loud moans coming from inside.

I peeked in the door and saw Dean and Tessa fucking. I let out a quiet gasp and pushed the door open in the process.

Dean turned around and his face turned white.

"Kels. It's not what it looks like. Let me explain baby." He said as he got off of the bed and tried putting on his clothes.

I looked over to Tessa, and she was just smirking at me. How could they both do this to me? I couldn't believe it.

I shook my head and ran down the stairs.

"Kels! Wait!" I heard him shout as I got down the stairs.

With tears rushing down my face, I got into his car and drove to our home as fast as I could. Or should I say his home now.. I felt bad leaving him there because we came together, but I had to get out of there as quick as possible.

I arrived home in less than 5 minutes and shoved as many clothes and items as I could into my suitcases. In the process, I quickly purchased a ticket to Los Angeles. I wrote a quick note and put it on the kitchen table.

After I made the purchase, I called a taxi to come get me. Thankfully, it came in under a few minutes.

I put my suitcases into the trunk and looked back at the house and the car one last time. I'm really sorry it had to end up this way Dean. I love you.

I got in the taxi and put on my seatbelt.

"Please take me to the airport. Thank you." I told the driver as she nodded.

I turned around and saw a car pull up to my house. I saw Dean hop out and call for me. It was too late. My decision was made.

Los Angeles will be a new start for me. For the both of us. I'm sorry Dean..

———————————————————————

HEY GUYS! sorry this chapter is super short heh! I wanted to get something out because I haven't updated this book in so long!

hope u guys enjoy this flashback chapter and please vote, comment and follow if u like my content!

thank u all and see u when i update next time! bye everyone!