Chap 14: First Date Jitters

Kelsey's POV:

It was now the next day and Alexa and I were out on a walk at the nearby park. I invited her out to finally tell her that I was going to give Dean a second chance.

"Thanks for coming out with me Alexa!" I told her.

"Of course Kelsey! Today is the perfect weather for a nice walk." Alexa exclaimed as I laughed.

"While I have you here, I need to update you on some things going on in my life at the moment." I said. 

"Yeah, what'd you wanna talk about Kels?" She asked me.

"So, I asked Dean to come over to my room last night..." I trailed off.

"Oh my gosh, did you guys like... you know... do the nasty..." She asked as she giggled.

"NO, we did not! Well... not yet, but that's not the point!" I said as I felt my face get hot.

"Oh... Carry on explaining girl!" She replied as she laughed at me.

"You're something else Alexa. Anyways, I called him over to talk about where we stand in our current relationship and all that. I decided to give him another chance." I explained as we sat down at a nearby bench.

"Ooh, how come?" She questioned.

"I just wanted to start over and move on from our past, but that doesn't mean I'll forget about what happened. I just want to move on. He's shown me time and time again that he's not that same guy who cheated on me. He's grown up and I guess it's time that I give him a chance to really redeem himself." I continued.

"That's really good Kels! I'm happy for you. I still don't agree with what he did to you back then, but if he's shown that he has changed then I don't see why you shouldn't give him another chance." She responded.

"Yeah, I agree. He said he wanted to take me out on date soon. I'm kinda curious on what he has planned for us. We didn't go on that many dates back then, so this is pretty new to me still." I told her.

"Can I ask why?" She asked me.

"To be honest, I have no clue. I mean we went out to the bars and stuff to hang out with friends, but I wouldn't consider those to be like dates. He just never really asked me and I wasn't really bothered by it. We mostly just hung out at home and like watched movies. He's a huge homebody so... I would've like to go on more dates back then, but I guess I never realized how bothered I was that he never asked." I answered.

"Well, maybe that'll change now considering he just asked you out on a date right? You should talk to him about this too, like your past and all that in order to better understand each other since you both were pretty young when you started dating each other." She said.

"That makes sense, I'm just kind of afraid of his answers. Like what if he says something I don't wanna hear, you know?" I replied.

"Yeah, I get it. I think talking about everything will be good for you guys. From an outsider's point of view, I feel like there's a lot of things that's still unsaid between you guys. This is the perfect opportunity to hash out everything that has ever bothered you, including your breakup. It was really abrupt and quick, so maybe you both didn't get that closure you needed." Alexa explained.

"Yeah, I get it. I'll make sure to bring it up to him because we're never gonna get over the past if we don't put everything out on the table. I'm honestly really nervous about the date though. How am I even supposed to act?" I sighed.