CHAPTER 7- So Mi POV

I was absolutely surprised when he held me by my waist and prevented my fall. His face so close to me, I was hypnotised by his dark orbs. This was the first time I was seeing him up close and I must admit that he looked like an excellent work of art by the angels up in heaven. I was bewitched to such an astounding degree that I shut my eyes when his face inched closer to mine instead of pushing him away.

Then the unspeakable happened. The telephone rang and he released his hand making me fall on the hard floor which resulted in grave injuries (not grave enough to be taken to a hospital on a stretcher but grave enough that my butt would hurt for the rest of the day).

"Sorry" he murmured as he helped me to my feet. I hissed and stomped out of the cabin.

Submitting the resignation letter meant consoling my crying boss who was bawling his eyes out as if I was leaving the world, not the office. I had been working under him for three years right after I had graduated from college and it might have been shocking enough for him that I was resigning all of a sudden. I bid my farewell and went straight to the departmental store to buy new formals for my new job.

Before that, I wired some money to my aunt in China, my only relative worth being called a relative. After the death of my parents when I was only 5 years old, my aunt wanted to take me with her to China but she herself was poor to afford my education and other expenses so she sent me to an orphanage on the outskirts of Seoul. After spending a few years in the orphanage, I went to China with her when I was 8 years old. She took care of me the way she would have of her own child. Her husband too was a very kind man. Now that I had got this job, I'd be able to visit her more often and be able to buy nice gifts for her.

                         --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the day. Today was the day my life would change forever, not only the financial aspect of it but also my personal life. If I would have known what was in store for me, I would have never set my foot in Yoonmin. No, even if I would have known, I still would have followed my fate- a beautiful bitter fate.

I first headed towards the HR department to submit some documents and once I was done with the formalities and had received my identity card, I headed straight to the VP's cabin. As I entered his cabin, he said, rather sweetly (which was so unlike himself)," Good morning So Mi-ssi. I was anticipating your arrival."

"Good morning Sir", I wished him.

"Without further ado, let's get started with the day's work So Mi." he said before dragging me straight to the parking lot.

"There So Mi", he pointed,"that's my car. Oh sorry! Let me correct myself. That's one of my cars", he said laying undue stress on the phrase 'one of my'.

 That's one of my cars", he said laying undue stress on the phrase 'one of my'

It was a black Maserati GranTurismo and as expected of him, Mr. Jeon was flaunting his assets. I headed straight towards the passenger's seat and sat inside before he could start bragging about anything else. He walked towards the car, knocked on the window and jingled the key. I scrolled the window down.

"What now?" I asked.

"Am I the boss or are you?" he sounded a bit irritated. I immediately realised my mistake, got off the car, bowed down for an apology, grabbed the key and headed towards the driver's seat.

"Where would you like to head to first?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Start driving. I'll direct you." He said calmly.

We were standing on the premises of an orphanage and school. The Principal was standing at the entrance of the main building, glad at Mr. Jeon's arrival.

He handed her the cheque for donation in her office and they spoke for a while. After that, she turned towards me and gently nudged boss before asking him," And who is this pretty woman?" He winked at her and she chuckled.

"Good morning ma'am. I am Yoo So Mi, secretary of Mr. Jeon Jungkook." I said.

Before heading back to the office, he interacted with the children and played with them for a while. He knew some of them by their names and watching him like that made me realise that this wasn't his first time. Watching him speak so comfortably with them without showing a single speck of superiority, made me realise that beyond the arrogant brat that he posed to be, he too was a kind and sweet boy.

It wasn't till I had stepped out of the building did I realise that was the orphanage where I had spent 5 years of my life. I was too small back then so the memories were a bit unclear. Unknowingly my hand reached the pendant I was wearing, not a pendant exactly but a small silver ring. I have been wearing it as a pendant ever since I was a small child. Back then, it was too big to fit my finger, now it had become a habit to wear it around my neck. That ring was a sweet memoir of a sweeter boy- my childhood best friend. Unknowingly, I smiled.