CHAPTER 14

"What? Even after knowing who I am?" Jungkook said in disbelief.

"I've told you already that we belong to two completely different worlds. You are a rich chaebol whereas I am an ordinary poor orphan and..."

Jungkook cut her sentence midway and raised his voice," That doesn't matter. The question is whether you like me?"

"I do" whispered So Mi.

"Then that's it. We're now dating and I'll be taking you out for dinner tonight." Jungkook stated.

Trrrinnggg, the telephone rang. Jungkook rushed to it and picked up the call," Yes abeoji, I'm coming", he said and hurried out of the office while So Mi stood there quietly analyzing the events that had just occurred.

Jungkook POV

It was 7pm. The time I had waited for all day had finally arrived. I'll take her to some sophisticated restaurant in Gangnam and let fate lead us from there. I went to So Mi's desk.

"Somi-ah"

"Yes?" she said as she looked up from her computer screen.

"Let's go." I said and grabbed her hand.

"Let me finish what I'm doing at least!"

"This sushi is so amazing!" So Mi exclaimed. The innocent smile on her face is just as it was two decades ago.

"Did you really like it so much?" I asked.

"I loved it!"She replied

20 years ago,

"Dolly! I've got some blueberry cheesecake for you" I said running through the corridors towards her room. She was sitting in the corner, like always, her rag doll beside her. She was colouring.

"Dolly! Try this." I said eager to know whether she'd like it or not.

"This cheesecake is so amazing!" she exclaimed.

"Did you really like it so much?" I asked.

"I loved it!" She replied.

Present

There are some things, I believe, which never change with time. No matter how hard someone tries to shake a tree, if the roots are strong and deep in the soil, it doesn't fall. So is the case with love and faith. If these two emotions have strong foundations, no one can alter them. She had faith in me when she believed that someday we'd meet. I had loved her when I first met her. I won't call it a coincidence when I fell for her yet again, after all those years of being apart.

"What are you thinking about?" So Mi asked.

"Tomorrow is Sunday. Shall we go on a picnic to the beach?" I asked

"Yes!I love beaches!"

Next Day

I went over to So Mi's place at 7am and we left for the beach. I must mention that she looked rather pretty wearing her beach dress and that she had put in some efforts to look pretty for me. That moment when a girl tries to look as pretty as she can for you without realising that even if she doesn't try she'll still be beautiful in your eyes, is one of the sweetest moments ever.

The car ride was mostly quiet and So Mi for some reason seemed t be lost in her own world.

Once we were at the beach, So Mi ran towards the sea and I ran after her. As I was approaching her, she splashed water on me. That was rather unexpected of her and I too joined her in the game. After a while, I had made her completely wet, pun not intended. We then took a break from our games and had lunch in a nearby restaurant. After a while we went around to do some shopping. Once the sun had set, we went back to the beach.

As we walked on the beach, fingers interlocked, So Mi was admiring the world around while I admired her. She was my world. The cool sea breeze was caressing our faces. I turned around to see the trail of footprints we had left behind. I stopped and sat on my knees,

"Yoo So Mi, I haven't yet heard you say a yes for the question which I've been repeatedly asking."

I held a ring in my hand and said, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

So Mi, at first seemed absolutely stunned but then delightfully said, "Yes!"

Happiness and excitement evident on both our faces, I put the ring on her finger and embraced her, as tightly as I could. Because this time So Mi, I ain't letting go of you.

I held her by her waist and softly kissed her on her lips.

Years later when this eternal sea has wiped away our mortal footprints on the sand and our names have been erased from the books of this world, I hope that the breeze which today carries my voice to you will still blow and there will be such a night as this when the stars will shine as brightly as they are shimmering tonight.

But on that day, the moon won't be able to light up your beautiful face like tonight and I won't be there to see you anymore.