CHAPTER 9

So Mi's POV

After what happened last night, Mr. Jeon just dropped me back home and didn't speak even a word with me. I shrugged it off thinking it was for the better. Not to deny that I too was giving into lust and staying at the bar would have simply worsened things. Moreover, dating your boss looks cool only in movies. It never works out in real life.

It was 3pm and I hadn't seen him since morning and in a way it was a good thing for him. I'm sure he'd want to forget about the previous night's events.

"So Mi" Minyoung, the secretary of our President Mr. Jeon Jung Jin, called out to me.

"Here are some documents that are to be signed by the VP. Once the board meeting is over, hand them over to him" She said before retreating back to her cabin.

After the meeting was over, Mr.Jeon headed straight to his cabin. As his secretary, my desk was just outside his cabin and when he was passing by, I called out to him. He ignored me and hurried inside. I too followed him.

"There are some documents you need to go through." I said loudly.

"I'm not deaf. You don't need to scream." He said as he grabbed the file from my hand.

I was about to leave when he asked me to wait. "About last night-" before he could finish I said, "We were drunk. Mistakes happen. In fact, we prevented it so there's nothing to talk in regard with that."

"Hear me out first. I wasn't talking about that." He said staring at my neck (I assumed) and stepped closer to me. He first smirked at me and then hugged me for a second. Before I could react he took a step back and showed me the pendant he had just taken off my neck.

"What is this doing with you?" He asked.

"A friend of mine gifted it to me." I answered.

"A friend?" He seemed confused. He continued," Do you see these initials on the inside of the ring? H.J. stands for Hyo-Jin. That's my mother's name. Park Hyo Jin. My mother passed away a long time ago. There's no way that she could have given it to you."

"Not a lady but a young boy gave it to me when I was about 6 years old."

Jungkook's POV

How could that possibly be? Unless my mother gave it to a boy and he gifted it to So Mi... I suddenly remembered. That shy girl!

"Y-you" I stuttered and I pointed my finger at her in amazement. It possibly couldn't be her, could it?

"You must be mistaken Mr. Jeon for that ring certainly doesn't belong to you." She said.

"I was mistaken. I'm sorry. Have you ever lived in an orphanage?" I asked.

"Why are you asking this out of the blue? Well to answer your question yes. In fact, I forgot to tell you that the orphanage where we went to yesterday was the one where spent 5 years of my childhood." So Mi smiled.

"I see...You may go now. Ah yes, take this pendant with you" I said.

So it's evidently you. Finally, we met again Yoo So Mi or shall I say Dolly?

Unknowingly, I smiled.