CHAPTER 12- So Mi POV

The elevator door opened and I excused myself to Secretary Song's cabin which was right across the Chairman's office. After I procured the required documents, I heaved a sigh of relief. What do I do now? He sounded quite pissed.

I soon was reminded that boss urgently needed his documents and so I hurried back to the elevator. As I stood there waiting for the elevator I could suddenly feel the cold towering presence of someone behind me.

"What a co-incidence So Mi-sshi to run into you once again!" said President Jeon.

The elevator door opened and the two of us entered. I am not clairvoyant but I could sense that something terrible was in store for me.

"So, let us continue from where we had left, shall we?"

"Sir?"

"What all did you hear?" he asked sternly.

"N-Nothing much really" my heart was pulsating with anxiety.

"This won't do. I think there is a lot for us to talk about." He said as he cracked his knuckles.

The elevator stopped on my floor and as the door opened I could see Jungkook standing right in front of the elevator.

"How long does it take to get a few documents, slowpoke?" Jungkook said as he stood between the elevator doors blocking them from closing.

"Sorry" I mumbled and handed over the documents.

"Now come to my office quickly. There's some urgent work you need to tend to." He said.
"I am sorry Jungkook but right now, she has some work with me." President Jeon said.

"What work do you have with MY secretary, hyung?" Jungkook asked laying undue stress on the word "my".

"Jungkook, it won't take long. Do you want me to tell abeoji about how disappointed Chairman Wang's daughter was when you stood her up?" President said seeminlgly irritated.

"I had already told abeoji that I had no intentions of going on an arranged date."Jungkook said.

"You think abeoji will accept that excuse?" President Jung Jin asked and smirked.

"Okay... So Mi, on your way back get me coffee."

Jungkook, who was blocking the elevator now turned away and started walking towards his office.

I desperately called out to him to somehow escape this situation,"Sir! Which flavour coffee do you like?" Unfortunately, Jungkook didn't hear me and the doors closed. Now, it was the only the two of us. I do regret letting the fiend take over my conscience. Yes, I do regret eavesdropping.

"You are young, beautiful and have a bright future ahead of you. I know you aren't stupid enough to destroy all of it, right? If anyone, by any means, ever finds out what the Chairman and I discussed about, you'll be the first one to lose everything. Understand?" He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine.

"Y-Yes" I stuttered.

"This isn't a warning but an advice from a well-wisher." He said as he smiled, hatred evident in his eyes and suspicion painted all over his face.

"Y-Yes Sir." I said.

The doors opened on the ground floor and as I exited the lift he called out to me once again. I gulped and turned around,"Yes Sir?"

"Jungkook likes Caramel Macchiato." He said smiling and the doors closed.

I bought two cups of coffee, one for my boss and one for me as my throat had become dry with fear. I headed back to Jungkook's office and handed over the coffee to him.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Hmm" he said as he sipped his coffee.

"Do you want to become the chairman of this company?" I asked knowing very well that neither was I in a position to ask such a question nor was he obliged to answer it. But the conversation I had heard made me wonder why they were dead against Jungkook.

"Why do you want to know? Is it because if I want to become the Chairman then you'd want to date me?" he said and chuckled.

"No" I said stiffly.

"I am not really interested in abeoji and his business. He doesn't like me either."

"Oh" I said.

"Why? Are you disappointed that despite having the chance of being the owner of such a huge conglomerate, I am letting go of the opportunity?" He asked.

It was a good thing that he didn't want to become the chairman as his father wouldn't have let him become one, even if Jungkook wanted to.

"No. It is a good thing that you aren't greedy for the chair." I said and smiled.

"You really think so, So Mi? Or... should I say Dolly? Kookie wants to know." Jungkook said imitating a child's voice.

"Y-You..." my eyes widened in disbelief.