CHAPTER 8- Jungkook POV

By the time my day's work was over, it was already 6pm. So Mi asked me whether she could leave and I told her that I would drop her home. She asked me for the car key.

"Why?" I asked.

"To drive" She said in a matter of fact voice.

"I said I'd drop you off. It meant that I would be the one driving." I said

The car ride was mostly quiet before So Mi broke the silence.

"Sir, you were really impressive today." So Mi exclaimed.

She had just praised me! My joy knew no bounds. Though I wanted to squeal like a 13 year old I avoided doing so and pretended to not be affected by it.

"I never knew you were such a sweet person." She added. At last, she was impressed. I should remember to buy noona a diamond necklace for her worthy advice.

"I've always been like that. It's you who never noticed." I said to sound cool.

"You must be hungry. Let's first eat dinner and then I'll drop you home." I added.

I was debating on whether I should take her to a seven star hotel or a street side vendor. If I take her to a good hotel, she might think I'm showing off yet again. If I take her to a small shop, she might think I'm being stingy.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked.

"Some seafood restaurant?"

"Alright."

After eating, we went to a bar nearby. It was her idea and I was more than happy to accompany her. She said that it had been a while since she had gone out for a drink and now that she had the opportunity to go with a chaebol she wouldn't miss it.

"I'll tell my kids in the future that I was once the secretary of a handsome chaebol and that I even had a drink with him at an expensive bar." She said giggling.

                                                    ----------------------------------------------------------

She was completely drunk after consuming one bottle of Soju and three shots of Tequila.

"I wonder where he went? He never came back. I'm upset with him." She said and pouted. "He gave me this..." She showed me a ring she was wearing as a pendant. "...and then he left." She now seemed sad. I had no idea what she was talking about but somehow that pendant of hers caught my attention.

"I'll drop you off home. You seem to be drunk." I said.

That ring. It belonged to my mother. I remember it very well. It was a custom made ring and though I was only 8 years old when my mother passed away, I still remember that she would get her initials etched on the inner side of the rings she would buy. Was I mistaken or was So Mi actually possessing my deceased mother's belonging? Who are you So Mi? Moreover what is that familiar ring doing with an unfamiliar person. Suddenly I snapped out of my thoughts when So Mi started giggling hysterically.

"I want to drink more!"She exclaimed before collapsing on my chest. Why is the genre turning to full on romance from unrequited love, I wonder.

I could smell the faint fragrance of her vanilla flavoured perfume and the sweet smell of shampoo from her hair. I tried hard to resist but the fragrances were so intoxicating and the situation too was perfect. She wouldn't remember what happened tonight when she woke up, would she? I picked her up and took her to a quiet corner in the bar and made her sit on the sofa. I sat beside her and turned towards her. I was trying as hard to refrain myself as I was getting infatuated by her. It wasn't mere infatuation either. It was an intense desire burning deep inside me, something which I had never felt for any other girl. I cupped her face in my hands and gently kissed her forehead. I should take it slow I thought. She opened her eyes now and was smiling at me. Was she consenting?

Then my thoughts trailed off in a rather unpleasant direction. What if she sues me for touching her?

As I was debating on whether I should let go off this perfect opportunity and drop her back home like the gentleman I was or just take chances, she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulled me closer  and whispered in my ear, "Mr. Jeon, don't be so horny. I might be drunk but am still conscious."

I gulped.