Chater 2. RUN!

A rogue jumped into view as Alicia grabbed her three children.

"All women and children head to the safe house." Warriors flooded the scene and guarded them as they run to safety.

"Mama? What's happening?" Eliza asked.

"Don't worry about anything sweetheart, we're going to be fine."Alicia and her children were the first ones to go into the secret bunker. Soon all of the other pups and women came in. The last to enter was Luna Alana. She locked the door.

"We will be safe in here. Only the Alpha and Beta can unlock it." All of the pups clung onto their mothers as they whispered sweet nothings in their ears. Kaden, Alexander, and Eliza clung onto each other.

"Do you think Daddy is going to be okay?" Eliza asked.

"Without a doubt!" Alexander said. "Dad is the Beta, no one beats the Beta."

"The Alpha beats the Beta." Kaden said.

"Oh yeah." The fighting went on for hours. All the pups were bored and took a nap, leaving the worried mothers to talk.

"Luna do you think we are going to be okay." One of them asked.

"Yes, I know we will be fine." She said.

"I don't think so." Alicia said. "I had a dream that we were attacked and only...."

"Only what?" The Luna said. Alicia didn't want to say that only her children survive because she didn't want the others mothers to get mad at her, or hate her.

"Only the pups survive." The women gasped in horror as they held their children tighter.

"Everyone calm down." Luna Alana said.

"If it's true then you take all of the pups and run. We will hold them off if they somehow manage to break in."

"Me?"

"Yes. As Alpha female, I order you to do so." Alicia shook her head. "There is no one that I trust more than you." The men battled all night, they women fell asleep with their mates in their minds. At around dawn they heard the door unlock. Everyone woke up, the mothers sent their pups to the Beta female and stood ready to attack.

The door opened and their stood Jason.

"Jason!" Alicia cried. He had a tired expression on his face as he struggled to remain standing.

"Dad!" The triplets shouted. They were about to run to him but he told them to stay put.

"I'm sorry." He said. Alicia was about to ask why, when he fell down dead with a pool of blood surrounding him. The women gasped in horror as the pups whimpered in fear. Alicia pushed them all behind her, with her children clinging onto her legs.

"Daddy?" Eliza cried as she sobbed into Alexander's chest. A rogue came through the door as the women growled.

"Ladies, let's be reasonable. All I want are the triplets. If you hand them over, I will call off my men and you and your pups can be free." The women growled.

"Alicia go now." Alana said. "Ladies charge!" Alicia nodded as turned to children.

"Follow me." She said. She lead them through a long hallway. When they reached the end they made a right turn into a room. Alicia locked the door. When she turned, she opened the emergency escape door on the ceiling. It lead them to an open field on the edge of the territory. They would have to run three miles to reach the nearest pack and ask for help.

"Alright everyone listen up. I'm going to lift you up and then your going to climb on the ladder until you get to the top. Wait for me and when I come up, we will all run to the Blood Lace Pack and get help so they can save your Mom's okay." They nodded. One by one, Alicia helped up all the children until it was only the triplets left.

"Mama, I don't want to leave you." Kaden said.

"Don't worry, as soon as your sister is up, I will follow right behind you." Kaden nodded. She sent him up, then Alexander, and then finally Eliza. Then she jumped up and climbed up to the surface. When she surfaced, she gasped in horror as salty tears filled her eyes. The ground was covered in blood, all thirty of the pups she sent up here were dead, and it was her fault.

'There's no time to grief.' She thought. She couldn't find her triplets which filled her with worry. She followed their scents to se a rogue carrying them away. She growled which alerted him. He dropped as he turned but as soon as he did, she shifted and ripped off his head. The triplets instantly recognized the brown wolf.

"Mama!" They said.

'Get on and hold on tight.' She linked them and as soon as they did she took off in a dead sprint. She smelt rogues everywhere and she knew she would never make it to the Blood Lace Pack and even if she did, she would just burden another pack with the same problem. The only solution was to make the disappear forever. She changed and started running towards the river.

"Mama, where are you going the Blood Lace Pack is that way." Alexander asked.

'Don't worry baby just trust me.' She linked him. She ran to a hill where the river was right below them. Once she got close enough to the edge she set them down.

'Listen to me. I want you three to run and jump in that river and let the current take to the humans where I know you will be safe. Never forget that your mother loves you very much.'

"What about you?" Kaden asked.

'Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Just do as I tell you.'

"Mama, we're not leaving you." Eliza said with tears forming in her eyes. A vicious snarl was heard, it was only seconds away.

'Kaden take them! Please I'm begging you.'

"I can't leave you I'm sorry." He said. Twenty rogues appeared and glared at her.

'No I'm sorry. I love you.' With one hard nudge the three of the fell into the water and the current swept them away. A rogue jumped on her and pinned her down, as he was tearing her apart, she watched the three of them float away. That was the last thing she ever saw.